|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Bethesda Softworks - Dishonored 3 A Possibility

Default Bethesda Softworks - Dishonored 3 A Possibility

September 14th, 2018, 17:06
Gamingbolt reported on what Bethesda had to say to Metro about potential new Wolfenstein and Dishonored games.

The interviewer also inquired about the Dishonored series and how it is said to be “resting.” However, Hines is of the perspective that the developers just want to work on different projects, so it certainly is a possibility that we’ll be seeing more of this series in the future. Hines stated, “Ah, I wouldn’t read too much into that. Look, Arkane has two studios, they’re working on a number of things. That’s no different than Todd Howard saying, ‘I’m gonna make a Fallout game and then I’m gonna make Starfield before I go back to TES6’. He didn’t say I’m never making another… there’s like, ‘We have an idea for another thing here, we have an idea for another there’.”

[…]
More information.

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)

September 14th, 2018, 17:06
Well I posted these links and images on two of my threads before, but I'm reluctant to share again. As I said before it's not looking good for Arkane/Zenimax.

Link - https://www.oneangrygamer.net/2018/0…ologies/67581/
Following the ‘disappointing’ releases of Dishonored 2 and Prey, Zenimax decided that they didn’t do well because no one buys single player games, a sentiment that one source stated was “dead ass wrong.” This mindset has led to a hard pivot by Zenimax to focus more on multiplayer and live service experiences, with only a few single player games in the pipeline.

On a positive note, it was expressed that we can expect something interesting coming out of Austin within the next 4 years. What that means was left a bit vague, as shortly after it was stressed that the studio is still struggling to figure out how to preserve immersive sim principles in a new format.

With Zenimax making life tough, the morale at both studios is low. More so when one considers how litigious Zenimax is, which has created an environment of fear where employees don’t feel safe speaking out.
So if a part three is ever made it wont be the same.

Couchpotato

Grumpy Old Troll

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

September 14th, 2018, 23:19
A shame. I recently found out that a good chunk of modern games I like are from arkane. Any guess what the reason is?

I'm only in the third mission of Dishonored 2 and I'm already engrossed. Games like prey and Dishonored can't be worse than fortnite right. Right? Riiight?

ilm

Keeper of the Watch
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

September 14th, 2018, 23:33
Originally Posted by ilm View Post
A shame. I recently found out that a good chunk of modern games I like are from arkane. Any guess what the reason is?
Well I personally enjoyed Dishonored 1&2. The expansion for part 2 though was a disaster. It shouldn't have been made, and sales reflect my opinion on Steam.

I haven't tried Prey yet but it's another franchise K.I.A due to low sales. Also one of the main guys behind Dishonored Raphaël Colantonio has departed Arkane this year.
I'm only in the third mission of Dishonored 2 and I'm already engrossed. Games like prey and Dishonored can't be worse than fortnite right. Right? Riiight?
To large publishers it seems to be where the money is at right now. By that I mean the move to include multiplayer, and make games live service experiences.

Cant wait for the eventual announcement that Starfield & Next Elder Scrolls games have Co-Op, or need you to connect to Bethesda.net just to play. Tis a shame.
--
"Troll Make Internet Mad, Troll Like Anger, Troll wants people as miserable as Troll"

Check out my RPG News Thread usually updated daily.

Couchpotato

Grumpy Old Troll

September 15th, 2018, 02:00
Great - I can trust the Arkane official spokesman or I can trust the rumor mill. Oh well, guess it doesn't really matter. If they come out with more great games, I'll buy them. If not, not.
--
The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views….
-- Doctor Who in "Face of Evil"

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

September 15th, 2018, 02:10
Originally Posted by Zloth View Post
Great - I can trust the Arkane official spokesman or I can trust the rumor mill. Oh well, guess it doesn't really matter. If they come out with more great games, I'll buy them. If not, not.
Not rumors as a verified journalist made the article.
The following article was composed with the consent of multiple sources within Arkane/Zenimax. This is based on verified testimonies collected from the sources over the course of several weeks.
Bethesda's E3 presentation leads more weight to the article.

Notice more online and Co-op games.

loading…
--
"Troll Make Internet Mad, Troll Like Anger, Troll wants people as miserable as Troll"

Couchpotato

Grumpy Old Troll

+1:

September 15th, 2018, 03:03
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Well I posted these links and images on two of my threads before, but I'm reluctant to share again. As I said before it's not looking good for Arkane/Zenimax.

Link - https://www.oneangrygamer.net/2018/0…ologies/67581/
So if a part three is ever made it wont be the same.
Is that confirmed from somewhere else? Zenimax has a very ugly reputation, but I wouldn't take 'angrygamer' as credible source.
--
Rush in and die, dogs…I was a man before I was a king.

BoboTheMighty

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

September 15th, 2018, 03:19
Originally Posted by BoboTheMighty View Post
Is that confirmed from somewhere else? Zenimax has a very ugly reputation, but I wouldn't take 'angrygamer' as credible source.
Doubt it as major journalist made an uproar on the internet over this article. Also despite what you think about that site it exposes a lot of the ugliness in gaming journalism.

Yes it can get crazy at times but I'm grateful for a site like angrygamer.

The writer of the article has a twitter account.

Link - https://twitter.com/sophnar0747/stat…712960?lang=en

The writer also attacked by other journalists and employees for writing it.

Link - https://www.oneangrygamer.net/2018/0…article/67665/
--

Couchpotato

Grumpy Old Troll

September 15th, 2018, 17:17
Also despite what you think about that site it exposes a lot of the ugliness in gaming journalism.
It does expose ugliness in gaming journalism. And adds to the ugliness.

Is that really helpful?

Cacheperl

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

September 15th, 2018, 17:34
Originally Posted by Cacheperl View Post
It does expose ugliness in gaming journalism. And adds to the ugliness.

Is that really helpful?
Yes because most major news sites and journalists have become like CNN. They push their own agenda, and disregard any other opinion. Basically they hate gamers.

You don't have to read angry gamer just go read the major sites, and twitter account posts. Even watch the hundreds of video channels talking about this topic nowadays.

I'll get off my high horse with saying developers even have internal agenda problems.

Update: Bobo was right about Americans being crazy nowadays.
--

Couchpotato

Grumpy Old Troll

September 15th, 2018, 19:32
I'd say it just helps to perpetuate a political, partisan culture in gaming journalism.

Cacheperl

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

September 15th, 2018, 23:44
Yes because most major news sites and journalists have become like CNN. They push their own agenda, and disregard any other opinion. Basically they hate gamers.
That is just flat out stupid.
--
The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views….
-- Doctor Who in "Face of Evil"

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
+1:

September 15th, 2018, 23:50
Originally Posted by Zloth View Post
That is just flat out stupid.
No it's not but hey its easy to say this.

We all have different views and opinions but like I said just go read & watch those videos. It's not my job to educate you. It's up to you to form your own opinion.

I love being labeled many things I wont list on Twitter, and called so by mainstream journalists articles. Just because I don't agree with gaming politics & their agenda.

I'll list three sites to get you started RPS, Kotaku, and Polygon. One lesson I'm quickly learning is that gaming journalist's are really not needed anymore.

loading…
--

Last edited by Couchpotato; September 16th, 2018 at 03:42.

Couchpotato

Grumpy Old Troll

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Bethesda Softworks - Dishonored 3 A Possibility