|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Divinity: Original Sin II - Coming to Mac

Default Divinity: Original Sin II - Coming to Mac

November 3rd, 2018, 19:27
Earlier this week we received news that the Definitive Edition of Original Sin II will be available for the Mac.

Multi award-winning RPG Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition coming to Mac devices Q1 2019

The first title to support HDR on macOS

Having won over 200 awards across three platforms, and selling far over two million copies, independently developed Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition is finally coming to Mac devices Q1 2019, developed in a partnership between Saint-Petersburg based Elverils, and the Apple Metal Engineering Team.

Featuring all the lauded content from the PC version of Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition, the Mac version is a bespoke port without compromising on content, or graphical fidelity. In fact, it comes with new features especially for Mac such as full MacBook TouchBar support for quick access to in-game actions, such as the journal or map.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition will be the first title on macOS to support HDR (on selected hardware, 10.14+ only). Also supported is iCloud, for easy backup between devices.

In the spirit of adventure, players will be able to enjoy cross play between Windows and macOS, so long as both players have the same version.

A range of controllers - including Apple MFI controllers - are also supported will full vibration support, so there's no reason not to jump into one of gaming's most cherished RPG adventures.

As of release, DOS2 is one of only 15 games to get a GameSpot 10/10 score. It won a BAFTA in the Multiplayer category, has won, and was nominated for, hundreds of other awards. This in-depth, sandbox adventure for up to four friends is the highest rated PC game of 2017 on Metacritic.

Larian Studios will follow up with a more specific release date early in 2019.
More information.

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)

November 3rd, 2018, 19:27
Did they say anything about Linux ?

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
+1:

November 3rd, 2018, 19:46
Certainly took their time.

Barghest

Watchdog

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

November 4th, 2018, 05:02
Well … better late than never (several games have promised but never delivered)
--
-- Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

November 5th, 2018, 09:20
Yay! I can finally play coop with my brother who is only on mac. I wonder if it will work cross-platform?
Edit: Nevermind found my answer in the article.

Lemonhead

Keeper of the Watch
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

November 5th, 2018, 18:48
It did seem to take quite a while, I'm glad that the Mac users are finally getting the game, as I know a few users that were waiting in Canada for it.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Divinity: Original Sin II - Coming to Mac