|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Deltarune - Surprise Sequel to Undertale

Default Deltarune - Surprise Sequel to Undertale

November 5th, 2018, 17:54
GameCrate went hands-on with Deltarune which is reportedly a sequel to Undertale and released on Halloween.

Or at least, thatís what we all thought. Despite Toby Fox saying he was moving on to some new project, a new Undertale game entitled Deltarune was surprisingly released on Halloween. I hesitate to call it a sequel, or prequel, or spin-off, because quite frankly itís not clear. What is clear is that the two games are connected, involving familiar characters, locales, and plot elements.

Iím going to do my best to not spoil things here, but Iím not even sure I can. You see, Deltarune isnít a full game. Itís merely a chapter of what appears to be a bigger project. It lasts just as long as Undertale and has just as many secrets,

In Deltarune you take control of a new human (maybe?) and traverse a new world, a world of darkness, in an attempt to get back to the world of light. However, this time you arenít alone. You have a party of friends and other characters with you, and this is where the game gets interesting.

[…]
More information.

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)

November 5th, 2018, 17:54
Deltarune is Undertale with the letters rearranged.

crpgnut

Grumpy Role Player
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)

November 5th, 2018, 21:34
Ha! Nicely spotted. I think I'll finally have to try Undertale at some point, since everyone seems to love it.

screeg

floating head

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

November 5th, 2018, 22:02
I uninstalled Undertale after 30 mins. Just not my cup I guess. People seem to love it, though…

Darkheart

Keeper of the Watch
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

November 6th, 2018, 04:05
Undertale didn't immediately grab me, but after like a couple of days of playing, I just had to see how it was all resolved.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Deltarune - Surprise Sequel to Undertale