|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Exoplanet: First Contact - Future Updates

Default Exoplanet: First Contact - Future Updates

November 9th, 2018, 01:10
An update for Exoplanet: First Contact shows us what we will see in future updates. It is a lenghty update, but here is a part of it.

TUTORIAL

That’s an important part of the game but we don’t feel like to hold player’s hands. It also won’t be the same tutorial with a bunch of tips but a small story with quests on the new specially created small area—and we already made the very first prototype.

It is a small open world with some places to explore. The story is connected with main quest and also the Anomaly Area’s conflict—this area known as the starting location at the moment. I will tell you more about the story below.

Quests on the tutorial area will use different mechanics to show player basics and possibilities of the game from digging and gathering to crafting and cooking. Moreover, some quests here also could be solved in different ways based on your choices or how well you explored the area. You will also learn some useful lore about plants, animals and antigravium.

We are working on new assets which will allow us to make the start of the game more alien-looking and interesting to explore. It’d take time to get the result we would like to see but it is worth it.
More information.
--
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. Douglas Adams
There are no facts, only interpretations. Nietzsche
Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go. Oscar Wilde

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)

November 9th, 2018, 01:10
So let me know when the game is finished as of right now it plays like it still needs another 3-5 years of development. Sigh sorry for the negativity today moving on.
--
"That makes me angry, and when Dr. Evil Trump gets angry he trolls Twitter."

Check out my RPG News Thread usually updated daily.
Last edited by Couchpotato; November 9th, 2018 at 01:46. Reason: Missed an R.

Couchpotato

Dr. Evil Trump

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
+1:

November 9th, 2018, 16:21
Honestly, the last time I tried playing this game was over two years ago and it doesn't seem like much progress has been made since then. If I get bored I might peek back in and see what has changed.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
+1:

November 9th, 2018, 16:38
I am a KS backer for it, I have it added to my Steam but I am also in the boat "waiting until it is finished" before I install it and play it.

Archangel

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Exoplanet: First Contact - Future Updates