|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Kingmaker - 10 Mods for Pathfinder: Kingmaker

Default Kingmaker - 10 Mods for Pathfinder: Kingmaker

January 7th, 2019, 22:45
Here are ten useful mods for Pathfinder: Kingmaker from Twinfinite.

2. Respecialization Mod -- Respec Your Character

Have you ever spent hours and hours creating a character only to realize that shortly after you start using the character that you aren't satisfied with them? We've all been there and sadly, in most games, you're stuck without that character unless you're okay with starting over. This Respecialization mod allows Pathfinder: Kingmaker players to completely respec their characters without having to restart the game. You can change everything you'd ever want: gender, race, portrait, appearance, alignment, voice and of course, the name.
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)

January 7th, 2019, 22:51
Um, theonly ones that matter at all(and that is even saying a lot) is the portraits….the rest…whatever.
--
If you don't stand behind your troops, feel free to stand in front.

rune_74

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

January 7th, 2019, 23:08
I like the Zoom Unlocked mod. Can zoom in a bit closer but better yet, farther away.

TheRealFluent

H.O.O. Inquisitor

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)

January 7th, 2019, 23:39
Bag of tricks is essential + faster movement speed. Ofc portraits too, changed all my companions .
--
Favorite Game: Gothic II
My steam profile
Last edited by porcozaur; January 8th, 2019 at 09:40.

porcozaur

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

January 7th, 2019, 23:50
Most of those are cheat mods. The portrait mod looks like a winner though, as does the outfit modifier.

rjshae

Periapt vs Paronomasia
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

January 8th, 2019, 01:38
I don't see timers disabled (or prolonged till doomsday) mod. Not interested in anything else.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 110 Post(s)

January 8th, 2019, 09:41
--
Favorite Game: Gothic II
My steam profile

porcozaur

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

January 8th, 2019, 10:19
Not using any mods as I want to have vanilla experience for first playthrough. Lack of portraits is annoying, but luckily its perfectly possible to insert custom portrait without mod. Found many on internet already resized and ready to use in P:K.

Andrew23

Watchdog

January 8th, 2019, 12:13
A couple of those i would not mind using at a second playthrough. The portraits look quite good.

Some kingdom management mods could be useful if the bugs concerning that are still around, because it makes the game end and no way to get past them.

Giovanni1983

Watchdog

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

January 8th, 2019, 12:42
That one day to train advisors is a must have. Can't believe it takes 14 days to upgrade an advisors skills. Don't need the rest as I have a portrait pack & cheat trainer already.
--
"Not every game is crap, but most of them are. I said it so it's true." - Couchpotato

Check out my RPG News Thread usually updated daily.

Couchpotato

Grumpy Potato

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)

January 8th, 2019, 12:57
I like that this game makes you prioritize and that many choices have unforseen consequences. Dont get me wrong, I also have this obsedant urge to get all content from the game, to see and try all there is. But at the same time, when playing games that ultimately allow you to see/try/know everything, the c&c importance starts to devaluate very quickly. When that happens, I often loose my interest. So although it makes me angry/frustrated in particular cases, in overall view Im perceiving this feature very positively. Hope it makes sense … :-)

Andrew23

Watchdog

January 8th, 2019, 16:38
Originally Posted by Andrew23 View Post
I like that this game makes you prioritize and that many choices have unforseen consequences. Dont get me wrong, I also have this obsedant urge to get all content from the game, to see and try all there is. But at the same time, when playing games that ultimately allow you to see/try/know everything, the c&c importance starts to devaluate very quickly. When that happens, I often loose my interest. So although it makes me angry/frustrated in particular cases, in overall view Im perceiving this feature very positively. Hope it makes sense … :-)
You should play Kenshi bro. Even losing a fight often results in your characters gaining stats, and it's very unpredictable/roll with the punches type of experience.

TheRealFluent

H.O.O. Inquisitor

January 8th, 2019, 16:45
More like top 10 cheat mods aside from those portraits…

Ephiron

Watcher

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

January 8th, 2019, 16:48
Originally Posted by Ephiron View Post
More like top 10 cheat mods aside from those portraits…
Yeah it's kind of a lame list. If you really need to make the game easier you can just turn the difficulty settings all the way down rather than installing cheat mods.

fadedc

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

January 12th, 2019, 20:18
Been cheating since the game genie all the way to the codebreaker on the PS2 console. Sadly the console makers went the MMO route on consoles, and blocked the devices.

Nowadays I make and download PC trainers and I dealt with anti-cheaters all my life. It's quite hilarious how many get bent when you announce you cheat in SP games.
--
"Not every game is crap, but most of them are. I said it so it's true." - Couchpotato

Check out my RPG News Thread usually updated daily.
Last edited by Couchpotato; January 13th, 2019 at 05:50.

Couchpotato

Grumpy Potato

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)

January 13th, 2019, 04:35
Cheating is just lame to me, never did it. I personally like to play the game the developers intended, so to each their own. I have nothing wrong with someone cheating in their own game though.

Check out the Zoom mod, for real. It's not a cheat and lets you zoom further away, which is really nice. Also close in if you want really close screenshots or views of the battle. Good for a first playthrough.

TheRealFluent

H.O.O. Inquisitor

January 13th, 2019, 05:39
I can see both side of the argument, even though I really enjoyed Kingmaker as it is without mods. I think many of those mods really remove challenge from Kingmaker or alter the gameplay but if that will make the game more enjoyable for others, hey, why not. It's a single player game, everyone can play the game the way they want. I personally couldn't finish Icewind Dale without NPC project mod (I need some dialogues!), so I can totally relate.
--
Favourite RPGs: Baldur's Gate II, NWN: The Aielund Saga, Pathfinder: Kingmaker, Icewind Dale I, Stardew Valley

purpleblob

Princess

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)

January 13th, 2019, 20:34
My opinion of non-cosmetic mods is, if it's something I can already do but is cumbersome, it's ok to mod, but if it makes the game easier, nope.

wolfing

Dalek SasqWatch

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

January 14th, 2019, 00:05
I just don't cheat at all, and since the only time I've ever tried using mods messed up my game, I don't do those either, unless they are built into the game already. My real dislike for those that cheat stems from some nasty encounters in Ultima Online and Everquest, now I just have an overall distain and abhorrence for those that stoop to such measures.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

January 14th, 2019, 11:03
QoL mods are fine, were using few of them in Skyrim. As for cheats, I probably didnt use them since IDDQD for fun. In the past cheat was often reasonable way how to get that outro from the game. Today difficulty in video games is different thing and if you want to see ending, just hit youtube. Personally dont see the point.

Andrew23

Watchdog

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Kingmaker - 10 Mods for Pathfinder: Kingmaker