Chained Echoes - 16-bit fantasy RPG with Mechs - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Chained Echoes - 16-bit fantasy RPG with Mechs

Default Chained Echoes - 16-bit fantasy RPG with Mechs

February 9th, 2019, 13:52
Chained Echoes is described as a 16-bit fantasy RPG with Mechs and is currently crowdfunding on Kickstarter.

loading…

Take up your sword, channel your magic or board your Mech. Chained Echoes is a 16-bit SNES style RPG set in a fantasy world where dragons are as common as piloted mechanical suits. Follow a group of heroes as they explore a land filled to the brim with charming characters, fantastic landscapes and vicious foes. Can you bring peace to a continent where war has been waged for generations and betrayal lurks around every corner?

Key features

• 20-25 hours of play time
  • Fast paced turn-based battles
  • No random encounters; enemies can be seen running around
  • Tons of items to be looted, stolen or crafted
  • Complex skill and equipment system
  • Customize your own airship
  • Travel and fight by foot or in your Mech
  • 16-bit SNES style graphics
  • Music inspired by PSX RPGs
Chained Echoes combines the simplicity of classic games with modern gameplay to bring an epic and fast-paced adventure to PC, Mac and Linux in a little over 2 years. A Nintendo Switch and Playstation 4 version will be simultaneously released if the corresponding stretch goal is reached (in this case you will be able to switch the platform of your digital copy to Switch or PS4 after the campaign's end). Please keep in mind that even if the stretch goal is not reached, a Nintendo Switch and Playstation 4 port might come at a later point in time .

The game will be English only. Further languages will be available through stretchgoals, with German coming a little earlier than the others (it is easier to handle because I'm from Germany).
More information.

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)

February 9th, 2019, 14:00
Mechs and airships? What the heck it only costs a few bucks.
--
"Remember EA thinks Single-player games are dead & gamers are all basically idiots."

Check out my news Thread it's updated weekly.

Couchpotato

Anti-EA Supporter

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)

February 9th, 2019, 16:12
Looks intriguing to me, not sure about the "fast paced turn combat", I'm hoping it isn't replete with quick time events, but I'm backing it.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)

February 9th, 2019, 17:19
Old JRPG turn-based games had usually pretty fast turn-based combat. Things, including you, died with a few hits and actions were performed swiftly. Some even had(have) auto-combat features where the game just calculated the results based on gear/stats.

Going by the video of the KS, they are emulating the style very closely. It actually looks pretty good, but I stopped backing games, I'll buy it when it release.
--
It's developer is owned by Sony which means it'll remain a hostage of inferior hardware. ~ joxer

azarhal

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)

February 9th, 2019, 18:40
It's a good pitch, and there's some genuine talent there, I think.
--
"Where can the horizon lie, when a nation hides its organic minds in a cellar, dark and grim? They must be very dim." David Bowie, All the Madmen (1970)

Ripper

Ngikufisela iwela

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

February 9th, 2019, 19:13
16-bit SNES style graphics
Wake me up when a project is from this century.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 120 Post(s)

February 10th, 2019, 04:38
Pretty ambitious. Love the 16-bit look and feel. Definitely will watch this one.
--
"For Innos!"

ToddMcF2002

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

February 10th, 2019, 15:11
The updates are coming fast and furious for this project, this kind of communication is likely to serve them well. Just look at all the platforms they are planning to land this on, that in itself is quite ambitious.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)

February 10th, 2019, 19:53
FUN! I laughed heartily on that dramatic scene with the stupid bird trying to catch up.

mercy

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Chained Echoes - 16-bit fantasy RPG with Mechs