Eastshade - Review @CogConnected - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Eastshade - Review @CogConnected

Default Eastshade - Review @CogConnected

March 8th, 2019, 10:15
CogConnected reviewed open world adventure game Eastshade.

Throughout my roughly fifteen hour playthrough, I wandered Eastshade with real happiness at every turn, seeing gorgeous vistas that reflected incredibly diverse parts of the world. I could use any number of adjectives to describe the world of Eastshade, but to sum it all up, it was hands down my favorite part of a game that already delighted me at every turn. I often ran out of inspiration trying to paint all the places I'd seen, and can only imagine my character lugging fifteen paintings around in their backpack.

There are many quests that facilitate the exploration of the world, so it's not totally throwing you into the leafy, green universe of Eastshade. Some are simple contracts of people asking you to paint things for them, but the vast majority of them have you engage with the characters of the world in interesting ways. There are RPG elements in play, as you can shape the lives around you with your choices, and while all the quests are fun, there are a few that stand out as particularly excellent. To say anything more would spoil them, but I consider it to be some of my favorite writing around, period.

[…]
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)

March 8th, 2019, 13:22
Impressive work. That's a mostly one-man project, made in Unity. Shows what you can do.

loading…
--
"Where can the horizon lie, when a nation hides its organic minds in a cellar, dark and grim? They must be very dim." David Bowie, All the Madmen (1970)

Ripper

Ngikufisela iwela

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)

March 8th, 2019, 15:12
I'll agree that it looks sweet, but if the reviewer only took fifteen hours to complete the game and that's with wandering off the beaten path, that sounds a bit short for my liking. I will keep an eye out and see what others might think of this one.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)

March 8th, 2019, 15:30
Yeah, I can't imagine there's going to be tons of content, as a small project doing it all in good-quality first-person.
--
"Where can the horizon lie, when a nation hides its organic minds in a cellar, dark and grim? They must be very dim." David Bowie, All the Madmen (1970)

Ripper

Ngikufisela iwela

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)

March 8th, 2019, 18:06
I wish I could say something more about it, but I haven't been able to play it for real yet, due to a nasty hug. The game seems to have quite a few of them.

Capt. Huggy Face

Aging Gamer
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Eastshade - Review @CogConnected