Eternity - Review @ IndianNoob - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Eternity - Review @ IndianNoob

Default Eternity - Review @ IndianNoob

March 10th, 2019, 20:04
IndianNoob has reviewed Eternity: The Last Unicorn:

Eternity- The Last Unicorn Review (PC) :: Outdated In Almost Every Aspect

It's no secret in the back alleys of Indian video game press that I'm a sucker for oldschool RPGs. I stopped counting the times I've gone out of my way to look for any more of this recently resurged sub-genre. The market might be getting a little saturated with all the retro RPGs out there these days, but that doesn't dissuade me from trying out every single one of these, the latest in the line of which, is Eternity- The Last Unicorn. Let's see how it is, shall we?

Eternity- The Last Unicorn is a classic RPG (according to the Steam store) developed by Void Studios and published by 1C Entertainment. The game was released on PC and PS4 on March 5, 2019.

Story & Narrative
I've played RPGs based on Norse mythology and those based off High-Fantasy. But it's not every day that I get the chance to play an RPG that describes it to be a unique blend of the two. The story of Eternity takes place through the point of view of two characters, one representing each of the aforementioned setting. The first is an Elven maiden Aurehen who is searching for ways to restore the lost power of the bewitched Unicorns, whose fantastical abilities fueled the immortality of the Elven race. The second playable character is Bior, is a Viking warrior whose party of warriors befell a terrible fate. The game switches between two characters at pre-determined intervals to move the story forward.
[…]

VERDICT
Eternity: The Last Unicorn could have been a guilty pleasure game if it had a flexible camera, reliable combat and more options to develop your character. It would have fared better off as an isometric RPG or one akin to Legend of Grimrock. However, that is clearly not the case. As of now, Eternity is a frustrating mess that is hard to recommend, even with the cheap (regional) price tag.

Score: 4/10
More information.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Team
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)

March 10th, 2019, 20:36
Some gameplay

loading…
--
----------------------------------------------------------------
New videos of RPGs/story-driven games (+ENG subtitles):
https://www.youtube.com/user/Rastm4N/videos

Farflame

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

March 11th, 2019, 08:22
Well that was one positive review. It pretty much matches a lot of the Steam comments/reviews.

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)

March 11th, 2019, 16:14
Reviewer here. Yep, it's, unfortunately, that bad.

yemeth

Watcher

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Eternity - Review @ IndianNoob