|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Battle Brothers - Champions

Default Battle Brothers - Champions

April 7th, 2019, 12:37
A new dev blog for Battle Brothers introduces Champions.

As we've talked about a while ago, we're overhauling how named items work and how they can be acquired. One way to get named items is by fighting champions - and that's what we're talking about today. Let's delve in!

Champions

Hitherto, named items could primarily be found by looting locations - whether you followed tavern rumors or ventured out on your own. Occasionally, but rarely, they could also be looted from particularly strong enemies. And that's where champions come in.

Champions are particularly skilled and experienced individuals of any non-beast faction. They're guaranteed to carry at least one named item and have significantly increased stats over their brethren. You'll be able to easily recognize them by their special base and unique name. They are, in a way, minibosses. They challenge you to fight hard to claim what is theirs, and they shake things up, but prevailing against them will always reward you with the named item they carry - be it weapon, shield, armor or helmet.

So where do you meet champions? The most reliable way is to complete contracts with a difficulty rating of three skulls. Those have always been a high risk proposition for any mercenary company, but they now come with more of a reward for taking that chance: the possibility of getting named gear by facing enemy champions. Another way is to simply play into the late game. The further along your campaign, the more likely that you'll find champions roaming the world outside of contracts or defending a location.

While champions may prove challenging to defeat, they are significantly easier to beat than some of the battles around legendary locations. This way, they can also fill the gap in challenge between defeating your first late game crisis and starting to take on legendary locations, like the Black Monolith, with your company.
More information.

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)

April 7th, 2019, 13:27
Nice, I think this will take some of the randomness out of named items. I have played some campaigns where every brother has multiple named items and others where I can only find a few. Spears, bows, and crossbows seem to be the hardest to find.
--
"From knowledge springs Power, just as weakness stems from Ignorance."

Hastar

Unspeakable
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)

April 7th, 2019, 14:28
playing eisenwald till this DLC in finally released… i cannot wait
--
Everyone thinks i am crazy, but i am just adjusting to my environment.

ikbenrichard

Fulltime RPGWatcher
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
+1:

April 7th, 2019, 15:06
More great things waiting my inevitable replay, which will likely happen later this year. Keep the good stuff rolling in!

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Battle Brothers - Champions