Titan Quest: Atlantis - Released - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Titan Quest: Atlantis - Released

Default Titan Quest: Atlantis - Released

May 10th, 2019, 05:57
A new expansion for Titan Quest: Anniversary Edition called Titan Quest: Atlantis, has been released.

loading…

Titan Quest: Atlantis is the third expansion for Titan Quest and OUT NOW for PC (requires the base game Titan Quest Anniversary Edition)

The Hero meets an explorer that is searching for the mythical kingdom of Atlantis, and together they set out on a journey across the western Mediterranean. The key lies in the legendary Diary of Herakles, rumored to be in the Phoenician City of Gadir, but their journey will take them beyond the edges of the known world…

Play a classic Titan Quest adventure in single player or with up to 6 players in co-op. Survive the Tartarus, an endless, wave-based challenge mode. Unlock new skills, spend all your excess in-game money on random loot and enjoy graphic and QOL improvements!
More information.

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)

May 10th, 2019, 06:04
I think THQ Nordic is trying to compete with Topware to see who can milk their game the longest.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)

May 10th, 2019, 06:09
Buy cheap & milk them dry is their motto.

Link - https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl…t-to-usd139-5m

Apparently it's working for them as it's very profitable.
--
"Remember EA thinks Single-player games are dead & gamers are all basically idiots."

Check out my news Thread it's updated weekly.

Couchpotato

Anti-EA Supporter

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)

May 10th, 2019, 07:53
Why not if people are still enjoying the game. I wish some of my favourite series got that sort of commitment. Its not too late to buy some more IP THQNordic!

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)

May 10th, 2019, 11:10
Overall I enjoyed playing through the game with various builds. Not so enjoyable are the endless boss reruns I had to do for proper items for artifacts or whatever. All the hours I put into the game and never got a single divine artifact… Are there any mods that improve on this?

kazga

Traveler

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

May 10th, 2019, 12:50
I wonder if this expansion will be better than the last one (which was said to be pretty bad). If it is good why not ?

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)

May 10th, 2019, 13:40
Haha this game and its endless life and memories, I'll be back to it sooner than later.
--
The insane King of Orilios, Spazz Maticus.
-Heroes of Might and Magic IV

Embolus

Watchdog

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

May 10th, 2019, 14:49
I've not replayed this game in at least six years, but who knows, it could happen sometime.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
+1:

May 10th, 2019, 20:45
At least they also spent some effort on quality of life improvements. That's about the main thing that did not age well for this game. Not sure if the improvements are sufficient tho.

Cacheperl

Keeper of the Watch
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

May 10th, 2019, 20:55
Just a heads up it's not released on GOG yet. Should be by next week.

Also an interview with the CEO - https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl…lars-wingefors
Originally Posted by Silver View Post
Why not if people are still enjoying the game. I wish some of my favourite series got that sort of commitment. Its not too late to buy some more IP THQNordic!
Nothing wrong with it. They are an industry cannibal devouring & making money off others work and IP. At least I got to play a new Spellforce & Elex thanks to those profits.
"We can't just say that we're happy with what we've got," he concludes. "We need to continue delivering new products -- whether they are remasters, remakes or sequels -- in order to continue selling the old content.

"I don't think we'd have the success as a company if we just had the strategy of acquiring IPs and not making any new content. The receptions from either fans, industry or platform holders wouldn't be the same. Now everyone understands it's a process: we bring out the old content and sell it, and then we make a new version if we think there's demand and we can find the right developers. I hope that fans understand this better now."
--
"Remember EA thinks Single-player games are dead & gamers are all basically idiots."

Check out my news Thread it's updated weekly.
Last edited by Couchpotato; May 10th, 2019 at 21:06.

Couchpotato

Anti-EA Supporter

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Titan Quest: Atlantis - Released