Elder Scrolls VI - Hammerfell the best choice - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Elder Scrolls VI - Hammerfell the best choice

Default Elder Scrolls VI - Hammerfell the best choice

May 11th, 2019, 02:07
Sportskeeda writes that Hammerfell is the best choice for The Elder Scrolls VI.

Hammerfell is a vast province in the west of Tamriel. In its northeast lies the hilly province of Skyrim which we experienced in the Elder Scrolls 5, and its southeast lies Cyrodiil, the land of Oblivion from Elder Scrolls 4.

Now Hammerfell is basically equivalent in size to Skyrim. But the variety in the landscape is more when compared to the latter. The entire Skyrim is basically covered in mountains and pine forests and hence every area looked vastly similar. Hammerfell on the other side boasts high deserts, grasslands, as well mountain ranges, making it the most diversified Elder Scrolls game location ever.

Now since Hammerfell also features coastlines, one may wonder whether Bethesda might add underwater segments in the game. I mean one can't deny the possibility of having the urge to explore every nook and cranny of this world right? Also since they are using new graphical technologies to make Elder Scrolls 6, it wouldn't be surprising if they added more verticality to the game when compared to the previous Elder Scrolls entries.

[…]
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)

May 11th, 2019, 02:52
Camels are about 20% slower than horses, this should help Bethesda with the open world loading cells.
--
Rush in and die, dogs…I was a man before I was a king.

BoboTheMighty

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

May 11th, 2019, 08:00
And the setting will satisfy all the current anti-western PC cultural Nazis too…a win win

Saxon1974

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

May 11th, 2019, 10:12
An Elder Scrolls game that doesn't look the same everywhere?! In single player?
That hasn't happened in… when did Morrowind come out?

TheSHEEEP

Sentinel

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

May 11th, 2019, 12:23
Not really. I heard rumours ESVI could be set in Akavir and I think it's quite possible.

First, they covered all the Tamriel in ESO.

Second, Beth invested a shitload of money into building mechanic. You could build your own home in Skyrim, then a village in Fallout 4, then a… city in ES6? Well, if mers went back to Akavir, it would make a perfect sense to build a first settlement/fort and then create more and more to conquer the whole land.

Three, ESVI can be marketed as AkaVIr, and surely it sounds great for their multimillinaire marketing team.

I'm not sure if I like this idea, but I think it really can turn out this way.

Mrozie

Watcher

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

May 11th, 2019, 12:58
Originally Posted by Saxon1974 View Post
And the setting will satisfy all the current anti-western PC cultural Nazis too…a win win
Hammerfell is located to the west. Hard to be anti western nazis when nazism is a trademark to so called western world.
Pro western nazi, sure, anti western nazi, no cant do.

By the way, hammerfell would be a very dangerous option for Bethesda because of this kind of reaction. Not sure they can afford the move.
--
Backlog:0

ChienAboyeur

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)

May 11th, 2019, 13:02
Originally Posted by Mrozie View Post
Three, ESVI can be marketed as AkaVIr, and surely it sounds great for their multimillinaire marketing team.
Fits the supposition. The plan though would be old enough to be tracked back to MorroIIInd. Multi million or not, the plan is paid for by now.
--

ChienAboyeur

SasqWatch

May 11th, 2019, 17:53
Originally Posted by ChienAboyeur View Post
By the way, hammerfell would be a very dangerous option for Bethesda because of this kind of reaction. Not sure they can afford the move.
Especially when the article contains questionable statements like this:

"Where Nords were known to be tall and faired people. . . Redguards, are more of a sinister looking group of people. Ranging from light brown to black in colour, Redguards are strong fighters as well like Nords, but they are someone who would rather work in smaller groups than fight proudly like soldiers."

Clocknova

Watcher

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

May 12th, 2019, 02:25
Wasn't the next region rumored to be Black Marsh? I guess Hammerfell is as good as any.

rjshae

Periapt vs Paronomasia
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

May 12th, 2019, 02:37
Eh, what? I doubt Bethesda will try anything controversial anyway ( in culture depiction), Skyrim was very tame next to it's lore.
'Muricans are funny that way.
--

BoboTheMighty

SasqWatch

May 12th, 2019, 02:54
There's a handful of 'em that have these intermittent paroxysms of bile out of nowhere - a bit like mental hiccups.
--
"Where can the horizon lie, when a nation hides its organic minds in a cellar, dark and grim? They must be very dim." David Bowie, All the Madmen (1970)

Ripper

Ngikufisela iwela

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)

May 12th, 2019, 02:55
Akavir would be a nice change-up. Having the VI in the name makes for a nice bonus too. Bethesda needs for TES VI to be an absolute home run. I imagine Starfield will be a mild to moderate success, but TES is the bread and butter for the company.
--
c-computer, r-role, p-playing, g-game, nut-extreme fan
=crpgnut or just
'nut @crpgnut

crpgnut

Grumpy Role Player
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)

May 12th, 2019, 03:01
Originally Posted by BoboTheMighty View Post
'Muricans are funny that way.
So tell us more about how you feel about Muricans.

Anyway Hammerfall doesn't interest me in the slightest. Time to move continents.

Link - https://elderscrolls.fandom.com/wiki/Akavir
--
"Remember EA thinks Single-player games are dead & gamers are all basically idiots."

Check out my news Thread it's updated weekly.

Couchpotato

Anti-EA Supporter

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
+1:

May 12th, 2019, 13:15
Originally Posted by BoboTheMighty View Post
Eh, what? I doubt Bethesda will try anything controversial anyway ( in culture depiction), Skyrim was very tame next to it's lore.
Still more controversial than TW3: it has black characters in it.
--

ChienAboyeur

SasqWatch

May 15th, 2019, 17:00
Whatever place on map they choose at the end, I wouldnt mind if the region was bit smaller but less generic. Also I would very much like to have more focused character development. Perhaps more class oriented, which would limit creating "jack-of-all-trades" characters.

If choosing sides and guilds would have greater impact would be also welcome as per my opinion. I personally didnt appreciate possibility to join every guild and become multi-guild-grandmaster and fighter-thief-mage, all in one playthrough.

To make it clear - Im not DEMANDING anything and I have no problem to accept if next elder scrolls game is not made according to my wishes. Just in case … ;-)

Andrew23

Sentinel

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

May 15th, 2019, 20:00
Originally Posted by Andrew23 View Post
Whatever place on map they choose at the end, I wouldnt mind if the region was bit smaller but less generic.
Skyrim, generic, in what.
Also I would very much like to have more focused character development. Perhaps more class oriented, which would limit creating "jack-of-all-trades" characters.

… ;-)
A jack of all trade person is a person who excells at nothing and is mediocre at everything.
Not what Skyrim happened to deliver after players lobbied out the level cap that forced them to define a character and not grow it into a polymath.
--

ChienAboyeur

SasqWatch

May 15th, 2019, 22:07
Originally Posted by ChienAboyeur View Post
Skyrim, generic, in what.

A jack of all trade person is a person who excells at nothing and is mediocre at everything.
Not what Skyrim happened to deliver after players lobbied out the level cap that forced them to define a character and not grow it into a polymath.
Lots of content in Skyrim feels very samey to me. Side quests, dungeons and dens, NPC interactions. Only filler content. Not as terrible as some of the Ubi openworld games, but still I get this feeling. And it grows on me the more time I spend in game.

Wikipedia …

"Jack of all trades, master of none" is a figure of speech used in reference to a person who has dabbled in many skills, rather than gaining expertise by focusing on one.

The shortened version "a jack of all trades" is often a compliment for a person who is good at fixing things, and has a very good broad knowledge.

Whatever, I think the context of my thought is clear enough and probably hard to miss other then intentionally.

Andrew23

Sentinel

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

May 15th, 2019, 22:40
The Skyrim snowy mountain setting was not appealing to me at all. Part of the reason I never bought it, to be blunt. At least this Hammerfell area seems to have cool landscapes like deserts and coastlines. But even if they get a better setting, who knows if they will get the rest of the game wrong and keep dumbing down the mechanics of the game. Not optimistic.
--
To check out my games library, and see what recent games I'm playing, visit my steam profile! -- http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197982351404

Arkadia7

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

May 16th, 2019, 00:54
If people are yearning for High Rock, I recommend giving "Beyond Reach", a try.
Not usually impressed with New Lands mods, but this was really well done…in terms of story, ambiance, world design and general "feel" of the setting, it makes Skyrim&Oblivion feel incredibly bland in comparison. Not really for people prone to depression, though.
--

BoboTheMighty

SasqWatch

May 16th, 2019, 01:45
First, they covered all the Tamriel in ESO.
I know ESO is popular with some here, but it doesn't have the audience the single-player games do.

It'd be a damn shame for a province to miss out on the full game treatment because a smaller MMO version has been done. Rather, the MMO would be a great source of preliminary art assets etc.

Also, why did I think that Elsweyr had been strongly rumored as the next province to visit? I was kind of looking forward to that.

[ETA: ]

Three, ESVI can be marketed as AkaVIr
No. No. Absolutely not. There are limits.
--
"But if it's a battle," he said, "which side is which?"
"If it's a battle," said Lilac.

Hexprone

Thou hast lost an eighth!

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Elder Scrolls VI - Hammerfell the best choice