Vagrus: The Riven Realms - Devlog #19 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Vagrus: The Riven Realms - Devlog #19

Default Vagrus: The Riven Realms - Devlog #19

June 1st, 2019, 00:09
Here's devlog #19 for Vagrus: The Riven Realms:

Devlog #19 | Passengers (Game Design Post)

Throughout your journeys as a vagrus, you will come across many people who want to get from one place to another on the broken continent of Xeryn. This might seem trivial but travel over the accursed wastelands of the Empire a perilous venture which makes most people try to avoid it whenever they can.

Those who that do undertake journeys often pay comitati such as yours to take them where they want to be. In-game, this provides an optional source of revenue to help you keep afloat but one that requires you to plan your path ahead considering several factors, including where your passengers wish to go and how long you have to deliver them there.

Passengers are available at mansios (and are randomized) or sometimes in events (where they are specific). You do not only have to feed them on the way but also have to protect them as attacking monster or outlaws can easily slay them. Mind you, some of them can even give you a hand in defending your comitatus (more on that later).

You can see the statistics of passengers related to crew on the Crew Pane, while other information can be observed in your Journal (redesigned to include a Passengers Page).

We feel this system adds another layer to planning and risks during travels in Vagrus, one which also has the potential to tell tiny stories of people who risk a lot by venturing forth with you.
Thanks Sztaszov!

More information.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Team
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

June 1st, 2019, 01:58
Oh, looks awesome. Will definitely check that one once it releases.
The price tag of 28$ in fig is a bit high to back an indie title blindly though.
Also not backing as long as its not clear that I get a steam key.

This could actually be a "Banner Saga" which works out better for me.
Also I like the setting of post apocalyptic fantasy, Dark Sun-Style with unique races.
--
Doing >Let's Plays< and >Reviews< in German. Latest Review: Pathway
Mostly playing Indie titles, including Strategy, Tactics and Roleplaying-Games.
And here is a list of all games I ever played.

Kordanor

Wastelander

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
+1:

June 1st, 2019, 10:51
Originally Posted by Kordanor View Post
The price tag of 28$ in fig is a bit high to back an indie title blindly though.
You can try the Alpha aka demo. It's pretty indicative of what the game is.

Rahdulan

Watcher

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
+1:

June 3rd, 2019, 14:53
But Banner Saga was strictly linear, wasn't it? I'd really like to see this type of travel mechanic work right (too bad Skyshine's Bedlam was so disappointing) where you actually have to plan out travel to distant locations.
--
contributed to: Age of Decadence | Dead State | Dungeon Rats | Battle Brothers | Fell Seal:Arbiter's Mark
working on: Colony Ship RPG | Stygian:Reign of the Old Ones | Encased | ATOM RPG | Realms Beyond

screeg

floating head

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
+1:

June 3rd, 2019, 15:23
The first two Banner Saga offerings were quite linear…..I've not played the third game yet, but I assume it would follow the same design.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)

June 4th, 2019, 11:15
Looking very much forward to this one, I think it has big potential to be a shiny little gem but let's just wait and see..

KeepitClean

Watcher

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
+1:
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Vagrus: The Riven Realms - Devlog #19