SteamWorld Quest: Hand of Gilgamech - Review - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » SteamWorld Quest: Hand of Gilgamech - Review

Default SteamWorld Quest: Hand of Gilgamech - Review

June 2nd, 2019, 17:53
The Nerd Stash has reviewed the card-based RPG SteamWorld Quest: Hand of Gilgamech:

SteamWorld Quest Review

This RPG Game made me feel like I was almost playing Octopath Traveler as far as the story mechanics go. What makes this game unique and fun is its not your typical card-based RPG. You don't feel like you're in the middle of Hearthstone and getting bored or cheated because every move and your deck changes regularly. Playing the game, you feel more connected to your characters and team in Steam World. I started the game as Tarah and Thayne twins. The twins can steal anyone's health and gold. They also happen to do a lot of physical damage in a fight. These characters had a fun look about them, and I felt they were cunning and exciting.
[…]
Verdict: SteamWorld Quest has a beautiful setting and exciting storyline. Great characters with incredible abilities. Throughout the game, it's hard to put the Switch down. Though I had my minor difficulties, Many card craving fans would enjoy this game immensely. Image & Form Games hit another Steamworld out of the park. Quest does its predecessor games, Dig, and Heist justice. Hopefully, the short equipment list doesn't bother you in this fun and mechanically friendly card-based RPG.

Score: 4/5
More information.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Team
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

June 2nd, 2019, 22:00
"Gilgamech" ? LOL, nice wordgame !
I find it always kind of heart-warming that *so* ancient names not entirely forgotten …
--
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

June 3rd, 2019, 20:38
Oldest "book" I read (sort of).

And thanks for pointing out the pun, I was wondering why they chose this subtitle.

DR490N

Watchdog

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » SteamWorld Quest: Hand of Gilgamech - Review