Opinion - What Piranha Bytes Purchase Means for Gothic 4

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
LastKnownMeal asks what the Piranha Bytes purchase by THQ Nordic means for a potential Gothic 4.

A couple of days ago, German game developer Piranha Bytes has been bought by their ELEX publisher THQ Nordic. It does seem that the publisher believes in the studio and suddenly there was one question in the air, what about Gothic 4?
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

Gothic 1 or 2 hd remaster, only games i would preorder with my eyes closed :biggrin:

My opinion don't hold your breath for any re-masters. :cool:

As the CEO already said it wont happen for every IP they buy.

Aye, you can improve the colours and what-not, but leave the current combat system intact. I think remakes of both Gothic one and two would sell quite well.

Remaster - no.
Remake that'd merge G1 with G2 in a single game - instabuy.

Or you could just play them back to back which would basically be the same thing. ;)

Did already. For too many times.
But if they remade it with added hairworks... :drool:

I dunno about Gothic 4... I sorta feel like I got that with Elex, which for me is close behind Gothic 1 and 2.

No, we're talking about a real Gothic IV.

Seriously though, PB has moved on from Gothic and Risen, and I'm fine with that. I'm not sure it would even be possible to recapture the magic of Gothic 1&2. That was lightning in a bottle.

Not to derail the thread but is Arcania worth playing? Not is it as good as gothic? I already know that answer.

But is it worth playing at all? It’s sitting in my backlog, I wouldn’t be buying it.

It's not bad imo. It's just kind of generic as far as third-person open-world games go.

If you end up trying it, make sure to set it on the hardest difficulty otherwise there's zero challenge.

Problem with Arcania is it's super linear man, it has the look and feel of a good RPG but it quickly becomes noticeable that your character is almost on the rails. The game is worth giving a chance - but in this case, complaints are justified.

Back
Top Bottom