Tales of Arise - Revealed - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Tales of Arise - Revealed

Default Tales of Arise - Revealed

June 8th, 2019, 23:19
DSOGaming reveals that Action RPG Tales of Arise has been leaked ahead of its official announcement. There are screenshots at the link.

Tales of Arise promises to be a dynamic action RPG featuring an updated battle system that retains classic Tales of gameplay, and below you can find a small description of its storyline.

"On the planet Dahna, reverence has always been given to Rena, the planet in the sky, as a land of the righteous and divine. Stories handed down for generations became truth and masked reality for the people of Dahna. For 300 years, Rena has ruled over Dahna, pillaging the planet of its resources and stripping people of their dignity and freedom. Our tale begins with two people, born on different worlds, each looking to change their fate and create a new future."

[…]

More information.

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)

June 9th, 2019, 01:43
Those screenshots look like MMO, not a videogame.
But okay… As usual I'll say no buy unless rated M.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 137 Post(s)

June 9th, 2019, 02:40
I honestly thought that read "Tales of Arse" when I first looked at it.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)

June 10th, 2019, 15:13
If that was it's title I'd preorder immediately. But… Before buying I need some assurance from early adopters it's not grindy. Everyone knows I how much loved Berseria yet refused to buy other "Tales of" games because of grind.

Thanks to E3 we now know the game will be released on Xbox One, PS4 and PC in 2020.

The trailer:
loading…
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

June 10th, 2019, 16:27
If this one is similar to Tales of Symphonia, I'll likely acquire it. If it is more like the other games in the series, I will likely pass.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)

June 26th, 2019, 14:22
Devs don't mention od Symphonia (which is IMO a good thing):
https://wccftech.com/tales-of-arise-…en-world-feel/

Speaking in a recent interview, Yusuke Tomizawa revealed some new Tales of Arise gameplay details. He stated that the next entry in the series is going to play like a traditional JRPG, with players moving from towns to dungeons to advance the story. He did highlight, however, how the game’s fields will have an open-world feel, mentioning how the different altitude of all of the locations will be clearly represented on screen.

Tomizawa also revealed some new details on the battle system, mentioning how Tales of Arise will still feature an “encounter method”, so things will likely be similar to how Tales of Zestiria and Tales of Berseria handle combat.
As I couldn't care less about Berseria combat (and dodged Zestiria grind), I would rather love to hear about the upcoming story.

Oh, and if we'll again see (and love) trolling the game itself, trolling ingame characters by themselves and by the player and trolling the player by everyone ofc:

loading…
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Tales of Arise - Revealed