Non-RPG General News - Stranger Things 3 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Non-RPG General News - Stranger Things 3

Default Non-RPG General News - Stranger Things 3

July 7th, 2019, 09:38
The action adventure Stranger Things 3: The Game has been released:

Stranger Things 3: The Game

Stranger Things 3: The Game is the official companion game to Season 3 of the hit original series! Play through familiar events from the series while also uncovering never-before-seen quests, character interactions, and secrets! This adventure game blends a distinctively retro art style with modern gameplay mechanics to deliver nostalgic fun with a fresh new twist.

loading…

Just like in the show, teamwork is at the heart of Stranger Things 3: The Game. Fans can team up in two player local co-op to explore the world of Hawkins, solve puzzles, and battle the emerging evils of The Upside Down as one of twelve beloved characters from the show.

Key Features

• Experience Stranger Things 3, Plus Much More! -- Play through the events of Season 3 and much more! Play as your favorite characters from the series as you complete quests for the citizens of Hawkins and explore the town while the events of Season 3 unfold around you.
  • Teamwork is the Key -- Play through the entire game as two characters (in single player or local co-op). Use your buddy to solve co-op puzzles, take on groups of enemies, and combine your special abilities to pull of powerful combo attacks.
  • Classic Adventure Gameplay -- Delve into dangerous laboratories and hideouts, solve puzzles, search for treasure, and battle evils from the Upside-Down.
  • Assemble and Level Up Your Party -- Unlock a roster of 12 playable characters, each with their own combat style. Use their unique special abilities to taunt, disable, and obliterate your enemies. Craft and equip various trinkets from items discovered throughout Hawkins to power up your team and specialize your favorite characters.
More information.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Team
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)

July 7th, 2019, 12:23
I don't know about the game but the 3rd season has been fantastic so far. Have to watch the last two episodes tonight.
--
"From knowledge springs Power, just as weakness stems from Ignorance."

Hastar

Unspeakable
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)

July 7th, 2019, 21:22
It evokes Goonies for me, circa 1986. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U26HZPvqi2M,
Of course this game will be vastly superior to anything on PC 1986.

mat9813004

Watcher

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

July 7th, 2019, 21:25
I have actually heard about that series only a week ago.
I don't have the slightest idea how that could escape me.
--
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)

July 7th, 2019, 23:38
Originally Posted by Alrik Fassbauer View Post
I have actually heard about that series only a week ago.
I don't have the slightest idea how that could escape me.
You haven't heard of stranger things? That's strange. I guess it is the most talked about show on Netflix the past years.

I was wondering if you did see Dark (German show)? I heard the last season especially is excellent.

ilm

Keeper of the Watch
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

July 8th, 2019, 00:20
Stranger things is quite cool. Though I prefer the first season over the second quite a bit.
Thirteen just became too much of the "cool kid" and the center of the show. Haven't checked out the third one yet. The game has nice graphics but the gameplay doesn't look very appealing and also far away from the series.

Regarding Dark: Also highly recommended (at least to German Audience, cannot judge how that is as non-native German speaker). But I prefer the first season over the second as well, as it has more of this nostalgia flair. The second season takes this mix of time periods as pretty mich granted. It's still good though.
--
Doing >Let's Plays< and >Reviews< in German. Latest Review: Pathway
Mostly playing Indie titles, including Strategy, Tactics and Roleplaying-Games.
And here is a list of all games I ever played.

Kordanor

Wastelander

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)

July 8th, 2019, 00:25
I'd no idea there was a game based on the show, I'll have to check out some reviews and see what they think of it. The co-op features do nothing for me, but if the single player experience is solid, that might hook me in.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)

July 9th, 2019, 01:11
Price, passing on this game.

About the Dark tv show; it was good but like Les Revenants better. Shows are very similar.

RikusTyr

Watcher

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

July 9th, 2019, 01:17
Originally Posted by ilm View Post
You haven't heard of stranger things? That's strange. I guess it is the most talked about show on Netflix the past years.

I was wondering if you did see Dark (German show)? I heard the last season especially is excellent.
I have heard of stranger things happening
--
If you don't stand behind your troops, feel free to stand in front.

rune_74

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
+1:

July 9th, 2019, 17:21
Originally Posted by Kordanor View Post
Stranger things is quite cool. Though I prefer the first season over the second quite a bit.
Thirteen just became too much of the "cool kid" and the center of the show. Haven't checked out the third one yet. The game has nice graphics but the gameplay doesn't look very appealing and also far away from the series.
I definitely liked the third season better than season two. Nothing can really beat season one for me though because back then everything was still a mystery.

I played the first game on my Ipad, it was cute. Definitely an 80s feel to it. Don't think I played it for more than 2 hours or so though before I'd had enough.

fadedc

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
+1:
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Non-RPG General News - Stranger Things 3