Within the Cosmos - Gameplay, Lore, and the Future - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Within the Cosmos - Gameplay, Lore, and the Future

Default Within the Cosmos - Gameplay, Lore, and the Future

July 8th, 2019, 11:21
OnlySP asked the developers of Within the Cosmos about gameplay, lore, and the future.

OnlySP: The game also has a stat system, which sounds a little like S.P.E.C.I.A.L. from Fallout. Is that an apt comparison? Will players be able to improve and modify those stats through gameplay and, if so, how?

Debois: Yeah, it's a similar idea to how S.P.E.C.I.A.L. works in Fallout or similar games. When the player starts the game, they will be given a fixed amount of points that they can assign to their attributes. So, if you decide to max out your Constitution and Agility, you'll have a character who's agile, sneaky, and strong, but that would come at the cost of not having much Intelligence, Charisma, or Perception. So, you're really gonna have to think about what attributes you favour, or you could put a roughly equal amount into all of them and have a character that can do a little bit of everything but not a master of everything. It's up to you. I feel like that system will really create the desire for players to have multiple playthroughs of the game, and still have each playthrough feel like a different experience.

As far as improving and modifying those stats… I'm still trying to get the balance right. There might be one or two instances where you can upgrade them, or get temporary boosts to them, but whether you can improve or modify them beyond that is still being determined.

OnlySP: While upgrading, will players be able to respec their character's abilities at all or are they locked into the upgrades they use?

Debois: No, they won't be able to respec. Once you select an upgrade/perk, that's what you're locked into.

[…]
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Within the Cosmos - Gameplay, Lore, and the Future