Swords & Souls: Neverseen - Review - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Swords & Souls: Neverseen - Review

Default Swords & Souls: Neverseen - Review

July 27th, 2019, 10:36
Game Space checked out Swords & Souls: Neverseen:

Swords & Souls: Neverseen Review

Going into this, I knew nothing about the Swords & Souls series. Apparently, it's a big one for Kongregate, or so some of the steam community claims. If it's anything like this, I may have missed out. A semi-action semi-RPG game out of Armor Games studios, this is exactly the kind of game that flies under the radar, and that's a bit of a shame. This is our Swords & Souls: Neverseen review.

As beautiful and orchestrated and star-studded as some games are, there are some masterpieces where I would rather stick my face in a blender than play. This is neither of those. While the art is good, it's simple, but it's consistent, there are no famous voice actors nor sweeping breathtaking vistas. However, it's also not plagued with mind-numbing blandness, nor is it-thankfully- the visual version of a technicolor yawn. It's done in 2-dimensional lineart and bright primary colors like grade school, and in this case, it works.
[…]
Summary
Swords & Souls: Neverseen won't be for everyone, and it's not a masterwork of video game art. However, Armor Games has remembered the one cardinal rule and has represented it well: a game must be fun. And it certainly was.

Score: 7.5/10 - Good
More information.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Team
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

July 27th, 2019, 12:06
"It’s a simple-looking, easy to get into and fun to play casual game. From what I’ve played, it seems easily addictive and reminds me of golden afternoons with my friends before adulthood and bills stepped in to ruin it all. The dialogue isn’t a masterpiece of theatre, and the plot gets no awards-but it’s fun. I think a lot of studios seem to forget that in their never-ending chase towards our credit limits." This is what happened to EA.

I found the review well written and descriptive.
Last edited by warmonger3; July 27th, 2019 at 12:08. Reason: Accidental post.

warmonger3

Ethereal

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

August 6th, 2019, 17:36
The limbless design of the characters really reminds of Rayman.

Dhraiden

Hero in Search of Glory

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Swords & Souls: Neverseen - Review