Queen's Wish - Launches September 11 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Queen's Wish - Launches September 11

Default Queen's Wish - Launches September 11

August 9th, 2019, 13:44
Jeff Vogel has tweeted that Queen's Wish will launch on September 11 for PC and Mac.

We've announced the release date for Queen's Wish: The Conqueror, our next all-new, indie, retro RPG! It's coming to Windows and Mac on Sept. 11, 2019, with the iOS version out in late 2019.

store.steampowered.com/app/1058130

RTs and wishlists are greatly appreciated!

-- Jeff Vogel (@spiderwebsoft) August 8, 2019
More information.
--
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. Douglas Adams
There are no facts, only interpretations. Nietzsche
Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go. Oscar Wilde

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 77 Post(s)

August 9th, 2019, 14:33
Ah yes, this is the one that @wolfgrimdark bought his new 64GB memory computer for isn't it.

lackblogger

retired poster
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

August 9th, 2019, 15:41
Good to have an actual date to look forward to. I don't know if I'll actually play on day one, but it's nice to know that, if the urge strikes me, I can do so knowing I won't have to deal with nasty bugs or crashes. When these folks put their games out, they are ready to play!

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)

August 9th, 2019, 18:05
I got really turned off by the Kickstarter. No real ambitions to move forward - just a way to get some pre-order money.

stealth

Sentinel

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
+1:

August 9th, 2019, 19:14
I know perfectly well that Spiderweb Games has a robust history when it comes to deep roleplaying systems. But these graphics really turn me off. There are so many indie games in the market that look way better than this. Hell even 18 years old Arcanum has better graphics. Is it so hard or pricey to find a talented illustrator?
--
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
Terry Pratchett, Reaper Man

Gokyabgu

Keeper of the Watch
Original Sin 2 Donor

August 9th, 2019, 20:14
Originally Posted by Gokyabgu View Post
I know perfectly well that Spiderweb Games has a robust history when it comes to deep roleplaying systems. But these graphics really turn me off. There are so many indie games in the market that look way better than this. Hell even 18 years old Arcanum has better graphics. Is it so hard or pricey to find a talented illustrator?
Same here. I happen to like the graphics of the latest sa Avernums, and the Avadons, I like the style. But this? A step in the wrong direction, methinks.

pibbur who at the moment is not inclined to buy mr Vogel's new game.
--
d++a63e++TU4567'!S'!89!A!WM!LuC++++u+++uF+++nR——nS ++++wC—-o++++wS——uLB++++

1. The cat is alive! And pissed!!!
2. It's been 82 years. The cat is dead, and the stench is unbearable!!!

pibbur who

Number 14
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)

August 9th, 2019, 20:40
I agree, the entire kick starter was a lost opportunity for them, in my opinion. That won't stop me from enjoying this game!

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)

August 9th, 2019, 21:29
Originally Posted by lackblogger View Post
Ah yes, this is the one that @wolfgrimdark bought his new 64GB memory computer for isn't it.
Lol I almost missed this
--
Character is centrality, the impossibility of being displaced or overset. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

wolfgrimdark

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

August 10th, 2019, 02:33
Originally Posted by stealth View Post
I got really turned off by the Kickstarter. No real ambitions to move forward - just a way to get some pre-order money.
Yes, I think that's about right. I don't really see how it kick-started anything - it was more like an advance for business as usual at Spiderweb. If anything, they seem to have moved to a cheaper-to-produce style.
--
"Where can the horizon lie, when a nation hides its organic minds in a cellar, dark and grim? They must be very dim." David Bowie, All the Madmen (1970)

Ripper

Ngikufisela iwela

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)

August 10th, 2019, 08:01
Originally Posted by Ripper View Post
Yes, I think that's about right. I don't really see how it kick-started anything - it was more like an advance for business as usual at Spiderweb. If anything, they seem to have moved to a cheaper-to-produce style.
Yes it looks worse then Avadon. Strange.

Saxon1974

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
+1:

August 10th, 2019, 09:56
The ONE thing I would have wanted them to implement is a simple zoom function, so that I could play in my native res without everything looking so tiny all the time, pfff…

DR490N

Watchdog

August 10th, 2019, 22:41
In previous Avernums, Avadongardes etc.. the title screen was at least good. In this one even THAT they managed to FCK UP.

mercy

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)

August 11th, 2019, 07:29
Is it too late to revert to the Exile engine?

No worries… I'm still looking forward to playing it with my eyes closed.

Vindicator

Primordial Dragon

August 11th, 2019, 21:10
Uh ? That's exactly the same perspective, isn't it ? But ok, just not the colors :-)

DR490N

Watchdog

August 12th, 2019, 10:44
I'm quite tempted to give this one a whirl at some point this year, I've no doubt it'll be better than the graphics suggest and I'm not one to care about graphics but rather how the game plays functionally and interestingly. Don't hold your breath for immediate opinions from me though as it might be a while after the release date.

lackblogger

retired poster
Original Sin 2 Donor

August 12th, 2019, 16:26
I've not really managed to get into his games since the first iteration of the Avernum's. Those I really enjoyed. And I prefer their isometric view to this, how did he come to the conclusion that this was a step forward.

zypek

Watcher

August 12th, 2019, 23:04
There are just enough people to buy his retreads that he can exist off of them. His games really aren't for anyone else and never have been. I would still maybe look at this at 4.99 or less.
--
c-computer, r-role, p-playing, g-game, nut-extreme fan
=crpgnut or just
'nut @crpgnut

crpgnut

Grumpy Role Player
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)

August 12th, 2019, 23:09
Originally Posted by crpgnut View Post
There are just enough people to buy his retreads
Because Elder Scrolls hasn't been retreading for 30 years… for 'those people that keep them in existence that aren't for anyone that don't like those games and never have been'.

lackblogger

retired poster
Original Sin 2 Donor

August 13th, 2019, 06:03
I didn't help kickstart this one as I already have plenty of Spiderweb games still to check out in my backlog. But I'd certainly have a look at this at a later date and will read the feedback from players here.
--
Diddledy high,
Diddledy low,
Come brave blood sheep,
You've a goodly way to go.
- Brilhasti Ap Tarj

Pessimeister

Living Backwards
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

August 13th, 2019, 10:01
Originally Posted by lackblogger View Post
Because Elder Scrolls hasn't been retreading for 30 years… for 'those people that keep them in existence that aren't for anyone that don't like those games and never have been'.
Any game with sequels, at least when the sequence is a continuation of the story, will have some retreading. But mr Vogel have gone further than that, by releasing the Avernums/exiles 3 times by now. BTW: I don't mind that, so I guess in that respect I filt the nut's description.

As for the sequels within the series (Avernum 1-6, Avadon 1-3) I don't think there's more retreading here than in other game series. He uses the same engine again and again. But that doesn't trouble me, and I actually think that RPG-lovers should pay more attention to other parts of his games. And one effect of the simplicity and his reuse of engine and assets is that his games have very few bugs on release.

For the record, I have no problems understanding why many people don't like his games.

pibbur who who still doesn't like how the new game series looks.
--
d++a63e++TU4567'!S'!89!A!WM!LuC++++u+++uF+++nR——nS ++++wC—-o++++wS——uLB++++

1. The cat is alive! And pissed!!!
2. It's been 82 years. The cat is dead, and the stench is unbearable!!!

pibbur who

Number 14
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Queen's Wish - Launches September 11