Children of Morta - Review @ Capsule Computers - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Children of Morta - Review @ Capsule Computers

Default Children of Morta - Review @ Capsule Computers

September 3rd, 2019, 09:40
Children of Morta will be released today - Capsule Computers has reviewed this rogue-like:

Children of Morta Review

loading…

More information.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Team
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
+1:

September 3rd, 2019, 11:53
Really like the visuals and atmosphere. Wonder if I would be able to overlook roguelike elements in this case. Usually those put me off … but some reviews indicate developer managed good balance between roguelike and narrative aspects of the game. Probably will wait for more opinions before I decide. Have more then enough games to play currently. Anyway, If I decide to get this one at the end, it would probably be on Switch, so I can play in handheld mode in my bed :-)
--
"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence."

Charles Bukowski

Andrew23

Sentinel

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

September 3rd, 2019, 15:39
Same with me, I'm more likely to avoid rogue-like games at the moment. I'll be watching to see if any mates pick this up and then listen to what they might have to say about it before deciding.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)

September 4th, 2019, 03:11
I'll be happy to give my input once I play the game. I preordered a copy. From what I understand, most of the traits of the game are rogue-lite, not rogue-like.
--
Nom Es Memoria.

Void000

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
+1:

September 4th, 2019, 10:33
That stuttered movement during combat would drive me literally insane. I was getting nauseous after just one minute of gameplay in that vid.

lackblogger

retired poster
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
+1:

September 4th, 2019, 12:41
Didn’t watch the video, but I don’t recall it not being fluent when it was shown to me at Gamescom.
--
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. Douglas Adams
There are no facts, only interpretations. Nietzsche
Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go. Oscar Wilde

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 93 Post(s)

September 4th, 2019, 14:09
To clarify, I didn't mean stuttering as in a framerate issue, but as in a design choice, the character fluently stutters along when it attacks things. I personally can't conceptualise how anyone else could play like that because it's like fingernails on a chalkboard for me.

lackblogger

retired poster
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

September 4th, 2019, 15:00
The few reviews suggest the game is basic and narrow. That isn't to say it is bad or not well done just not expansive for an action rpg (such as grim dawn).

Naturally it comes down to the fun factor and I can't really comment in that direction on either game.

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Children of Morta - Review @ Capsule Computers