Solasta - A world introduction - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Solasta - A world introduction

Default Solasta - A world introduction

September 5th, 2019, 17:38
In a Kickstarter update we get to know a bit more about the history of the world of Solasta.

Solasta is an old world.

From the mists of history, three races arose: Halflings, Dwarves, and Elves. At the height of the Elven wars, the creation of the Arcaneum, an institution dedicated to magic, marked the birth of the Manacalon Empire, and the beginning of the elves' supremacy over Solasta. The path of empire led to a separation: while the self-named "high elves" sought dominion over the whole world, the ancestors of today's sylvan elves withdrew to the forests of the east and devoted themselves to living in harmony with nature and resisting the ambitions of their imperialist cousins.

The Empire grew slowly but steadily, spreading out from the elven homelands of the Aer-Elai and conquering the lands that would become known as the Inner Provinces. Few could resist the power of elven magic - but then, the expansion faltered.

The lands of the snow dwarves were harsh, buttressed by cold and high mountains. Strengthened by the neighboring sylvan elves, the Snow Alliance fought the Imperial armies to a standstill, despite their magic.

[…]
More information.
--
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. Douglas Adams
There are no facts, only interpretations. Nietzsche
Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go. Oscar Wilde

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)

September 5th, 2019, 18:58
Admittedly I'm getting cynical, but these vague 'great cataclysm' events to explain how everything got f'd up is getting kind of played out in fantasy settings.

That said, I wish them luck. It looks pretty.

ChaosTheory

Virtual Reality Hero

Location: In Jan 2019 I sold my house, left my career of 18 years, bought an RV, and am traveling America.
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

September 6th, 2019, 14:08
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post
Admittedly I'm getting cynical, but these vague 'great cataclysm' events to explain how everything got f'd up is getting kind of played out in fantasy settings.

That said, I wish them luck. It looks pretty.
I agree, seems very coockie cutter and been there done that for a back drop story. I am very interested in the gameplay and their adaption of the 5E of D&D. I'll keep this one on my radar.

basharran

Sentinel
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Solasta - A world introduction