RPGWatch @ Gamescom - King’s Bounty II Preview - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » RPGWatch @ Gamescom - King’s Bounty II Preview

Default RPGWatch @ Gamescom - King’s Bounty II Preview

September 16th, 2019, 13:38
I got to play King's Bounty II for an hour or so at Gamescom and I found it to be different from its predecesors, but not always for the better.

With some anticipation I was going to spent some hands-on time with King's Bounty II at the 1C booth and it turned out to be an experience that didn't completely match my anticipation, but it was well worth the hour I spent on the game.
There is no escaping comparing King's Bounty II with its predecessor and from what I've learned while playing the game, King's Bounty II has several of the elements that its predecessor have, or at least the elements I've tried, but it changes the way how these elements come to you.
More information.
--
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. Douglas Adams
There are no facts, only interpretations. Nietzsche
Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go. Oscar Wilde

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 84 Post(s)

September 16th, 2019, 15:14
Thanks for the input, I'm really interested in this sequel so hopefully it won't disappoint (much).
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 146 Post(s)

September 16th, 2019, 16:22
One comment on quest marker and mini-map et all. In the previous games these markers only showed up on lower difficulties; on high difficulties they do not show up. Can't say that is true with this game but it would be something to ask or test.
-
I might be mistaken but it sounds like the major dislike is how they represent stack of troups and perhaps the lost of a bit of charm of being less realistic in previous games. Is this an accurate summary or can you correct me if i am mistaken…

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)

September 16th, 2019, 16:52
It sounds like they are trying to graphically at least emulate the Total War series, perhaps to widen their audience. I think sacrificing clarity in units though is dissapointing. Having a banner or something to identify the individual units would be a good idea, since they seem determined to to sacrifice the old graphical system.

forgottenlor

Font of Useless Knowledge
RPGWatch Team
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)

September 16th, 2019, 17:41
I'm a bit concerned with how different this is sounding from their older games, but still looking forward to trying it out.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)

September 16th, 2019, 19:15
I liked over the top colourful and charming fantasy setting & characters in KB1, it fitted the humoruos dialogs well. Not a big fan of replacing it with 50 shades of gray but we'll see.

kazga

Watcher

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

September 16th, 2019, 19:18
thnx myrthos !!
I was expecting the worse, you make it sound better then i thought.
--
Everyone thinks i am crazy, but i am just adjusting to my environment.

ikbenrichard

Fulltime RPGWatcher
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

September 16th, 2019, 19:23
This game reminds me of Elven Legacy.

Gwendo

Watchdog

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

September 16th, 2019, 20:33
Originally Posted by Gwendo View Post
This game reminds me of Elven Legacy.
I played Elven Legacy and it reminded me a lot of Fantasy General. Elven Legacy lacked the "open world" aspect of a King's Bounty, but had the more scenerio oriented and unit improving approach of Fantasy General, just in a much more modern garb. I thought it was a pretty decent game when I played it. What is similar, to a certain degree is the visual approach. But I still be they were more influenced by the Total War games, and clones likes the King Arthur strategy games.

forgottenlor

Font of Useless Knowledge
RPGWatch Team
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)

September 16th, 2019, 20:43
Originally Posted by forgottenlor View Post
It sounds like they are trying to graphically at least emulate the Total War series, perhaps to widen their audience. I think sacrificing clarity in units though is dissapointing. Having a banner or something to identify the individual units would be a good idea, since they seem determined to to sacrifice the old graphical system.
The banner things would be a really good and simple idea that would solve almost every problem there. They could make it so when you zoomed out enough the banner for each troop appeared over the tops of them to make them easy to pick out. Hopefully they will pay attention to their early feedback.

fadedc

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » RPGWatch @ Gamescom - King’s Bounty II Preview