Conglomerate 451 - Preview @Player2 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Conglomerate 451 - Preview @Player2

Default Conglomerate 451 - Preview @Player2

September 18th, 2019, 11:29
Player2 have previewed Conglomerate 451 and felt indifferent about it.

The tactical element of combat lies again in reading the statistics of your abilities and focusing on details; different combinations of abilities will yield the best results. For example, using abilities that stun enemies before using an attack that is more effective on stunned enemies. While that sounds exciting on paper, and it's a concept I'm familiar with from many other RPGs, in Conglomerate it didn't feel all that exciting in tandem with the lack of mobility. Options to auto-battle or speed up combat like those found in modern JRPGs would be welcome additions to blast through enemies quickly when you'd prefer to focus on exploration.

Once a mission is done, whether it be to clear out an area of enemies or interact with certain items to apparently poison someone, you're then whisked back to the agency to do it all over again as a means to increase your agency's reputation and reach within the city. When I say "apparently poison someone" I mean just that - I had no idea what I was doing until I reached the relevant room to interact with the relevant object. There wasn't any narrative punch for me in doing something morally questionable; the cyberpunk grit felt more like a thin coat of paint than anything with weight.

[…]
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Conglomerate 451 - Preview @Player2