Obsidian Entertainment - Hiring for Next World Class RPG

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Gamingbolt reports that Obsidian Entertainment is hiring for its next world class RPG.

The listing for Combat Designer is also quite interesting, as it mentions "first-person melee combat gameplay" that is described as " fun, visceral, and epic", and involving "the main character, AI characters, and gameplay objects across varied encounter types." For starters, that obviously confirms that it's going to be another first person game. More importantly though, the focus on melee combat also suggests that it might be a fantasy-setting game rather than one that involves shooting guns.

Finally, there's also a listing for the position of Network Programmer, which makes direct mention of multiplayer gameplay. This is interesting, of course, because Obsidian has always primarily been a single player-focused studio. It should be curious to see how they implement multiplayer gameplay in their next title in light of that, and how much of a focus that aspect ends up being.

[...]
More information.

MS probably mandated multiplayer.

I always hated that marketing drivel, "world class". At first glance it sounds impressive, but it's utterly meaningless -- kind of like calling packaged food "natural". Well I can only hope this doesn't turn out to be third-world class.

Obsidian struggles to make a stable single player game so add multiplayer should be interesting. I hate MMO so hopefully it's not that.

Eh ... good bye Obsidian, this death will be slow and horrible ...

If they add multiplayer maybe all the bugs will be there and we have a bug-free singleplayer experience

Back
Top Bottom