Pantheon - October 2019 Video Newsletter - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Pantheon - October 2019 Video Newsletter

Default Pantheon - October 2019 Video Newsletter

November 5th, 2019, 21:59
The October video newsletter for Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen.

loading…

In this episode Creative Director Chris Perkins outlines racial passive abilities. JN Gerhart shows us the Spriggans from concept to model. And we wrap up it all up with some Burning Questions from the community.
Thanks Couchpotato!

More information.

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)

November 6th, 2019, 14:44
Will this game ever leave pre-alpha? Seems interesting but when the kickstarter said it would be released years ago and it's still in pre-alpha, they are getting none of my money until it's released.

I loved EQ and would love to try out Pantheon. Us EQ gamers aren't getting any younger and they could be missing their time frame for release. Older gamers are not known for their patience.
--
"From knowledge springs Power, just as weakness stems from Ignorance."

Hastar

Unspeakable
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)

November 6th, 2019, 14:47
It seems constant funding problems have slowed development down. Could also be bad management of funds and development also. The other EQ MMO's were cancelled also.
--
“Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by
lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something.” ― Robert Heinlein

Couchpotato

Lazy Layabout

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)

November 6th, 2019, 14:50
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
It seems constant funding problems have slowed development down. Could also be bad management of funds and development also. The other EQ MMO's were cancelled also.
Their Kickstarter was not handled the best all those years ago. I'm surprised they haven't run another campaign. Coh Carnage or whatever that streamer goes by, seems to love the game.
--

Hastar

Unspeakable
RPGWatch Donor

November 6th, 2019, 16:54
There is new Green server started less than a week ago (project 1999) if someone wants to experience original EQ. It has scheduled releases of few expansion going into 2021. This is culmination of more than 10 years of working on this project.

IMHO this is a perfect MMO to play right now if you played EQ way back and also a very good game to play while waiting for Pantheon release. It is also free to play.

kuki

Watchdog

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
+1:

November 6th, 2019, 17:09
P99, where you can go to find out how 20 years of wiki game knowledge and a modern toxic gamer culture can ruin your memory of a game.

On the other hand, Pantheon has continually looked alright at a glance, but it's just one of those things for which you can't get your hopes up - it's a very niche product with very little funding, being managed by a person many people don't trust.

Drithius

Laughing Gnome

November 6th, 2019, 17:25
I played project 99 for a bit, it just doesn't feel like the original Everquest did, at least not to me. I was tempted to go to the new Miragul server that started up yesterday, but the lack of any friends that were interested killed that idea. Solo Everquest is not my idea of fun.

Pantheon is going to still take quite some time. I think that right now they may be trying to satisfy everyone, and that's never going to work out well. Once they pick a solid path and stick to it, progress should move swiftly. When that's going to happen, if ever, is anyone's guess.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)

November 6th, 2019, 17:29
Originally Posted by kuki View Post
There is new Green server started less than a week ago (project 1999) if someone wants to experience original EQ. It has scheduled releases of few expansion going into 2021. This is culmination of more than 10 years of working on this project.

IMHO this is a perfect MMO to play right now if you played EQ way back and also a very good game to play while waiting for Pantheon release. It is also free to play.
Thanks for the info.
--

Hastar

Unspeakable
RPGWatch Donor

November 6th, 2019, 17:45
I have been keeping an eye on Pantheon for a while but it doesn't look too promising. Too many question marks over funding etc. Also whatever they have shown so far doesn't look good as well so most people simply ignore it.

lostforever

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

November 6th, 2019, 20:37
This archaic throwback was never going to be for me, but I still have warm feelings for what MMOs used to be.

Well, rather what they could have been.

BriefDArt

Mentioned: Post(s)
+1:

November 7th, 2019, 14:18
Originally Posted by Hastar View Post
Coh Carnage or whatever that streamer goes by, seems to love the game.
Better to look for products this streamer did not like.
--
Backlog:0

ChienAboyeur

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Pantheon - October 2019 Video Newsletter