HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Destructoid checked out the J-RPG Atelier Ryza:

Review: Atelier Ryza: Ever Darkness and the Secret Hideout

Fire burn and cauldron bubble

I'm willing to openly admit that I've never touched the Atelier series before. Going into Atelier Ryza: Ever Darkness and the Secret Hideout, I knew very little. It's a series focused on alchemy and it's been around for a hog's age, but that's about it. However, I was drawn to it purely because you play as a cute anime girl and I was in a mood.

[...]

That's also not to say Atelier Ryza isn't an enjoyable game, it most certainly is. There's something infectious about its optimistic attitude and absorbing about its crafting-centric gameplay. There's always something available to unlock just around the corner; all that's needed is a specific set of items that could be hidden anywhere.

The characters have ridiculous designs and dress like they were in the vicinity of a department store explosion, but their personalities are likable enough. Their problems are small and petty, but sometimes it's nice to have a character motivated by personal growth rather than self-righteousness or the death of their loved ones.

Score: 7/10
More information.

Back
Top Bottom