Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations DLC Reviews - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations DLC Reviews

Default Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations DLC Reviews

November 27th, 2019, 11:48
Some Age of Wonders: Planetfall, Revelations DLC reviews.

OldManMordaith

You Cannot Resist the Call

Revelations is a solid first outing for the Planetfall DLC line. I know many were hoping for a new faction, but with the diversity found in the Heritor technology, I think most will be satisfied. This DLC manages to bring new exciting things to the game without the soul-wrenching feeling of power creep.

8/10 - In Essence, an excellent first DLC. A good job that the team should be proud of balancing so well.

Review by Joshua Smith (Old Man Mordaith)

Edited by Jesse Roberts

The developer provided a free code for review purposes.
GideonsGaming

Verdict

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed that Revelations didn't bring a whole new faction to the game. However, the new secret tech and NPC faction still add a great deal more flexibility to Planetfall. The Anomalous site mechanic is fantastic adding even more strategical choices to the game and the new marauders are nice, even if I find the bio-pigs a strange choice.

You can get a decent amount of playtime from the two new campaign missions and Revelations also adds new locations and pickups across the board on the strategy map and new world scenario based on the Heritors.

Revelations features plenty of new content even without a brand new faction and is worth the price. Planetfall was already great, now it is even better.

Confused? Check out my review of the base game. Age Of Wonders: Planetfall

A copy of Revelations was provided for Gideon's Gaming by Paradox Interactive.

Enjoy my content and want to help out? Check out my Kofi!
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)

November 27th, 2019, 13:23
Got it yesterday, so will dive back into Planetfall when I'm done with my current XCOM2 round.

TomRon

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations DLC Reviews