Sands of Salzaar - Getting an English Version - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Sands of Salzaar - Getting an English Version

Default Sands of Salzaar - Getting an English Version

January 7th, 2020, 23:36
PC Gamer reports that an ambitious Chinese RPG called Sands of Salzaar will be getting an English translation.

loading…

Sands of Salzaar of which the Chinese title translates more directly to Tribe and Machete) only released on January 2, but in that time has rocketed to into Steam's global top seller list with an estimated 50,000 sales in its first week. That number is expected to reach 200,000 by the end of January. Though it's only available in Simplified Chinese, Sands of Salzaar has amassed over 2,600 "mostly positive" reviews and is currently the 31st most-played game on Steam by concurrents, with peak concurrent players reaching 21,000--in the neighborhood of games like Stardew Valley and Skyrim.

And, by the looks of it, Sands of Salzaar absolutely deserves its success. From reading reviews and watching some gameplay, Salzaar is an ambitious, Early Access open world RPG in the vein of indie darling Kenshi. Set in a mystical desert, you recruit characters and explore a dynamically-generated world, making friends (or enemies) with various factions. I particularly enjoy the look of the enormous battles, which evokes Dynasty Warriors mixed with Diablo.

[…]
More information.

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)

January 8th, 2020, 07:35
Inspired by They are billions and D2's secret cow level I presume?

kazga

Watcher

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

January 8th, 2020, 14:48
Dunno about that. It clearly states being a diceroll sim:
dynamically-generated world
As such, I'm not interested. But it's nice to hear when any indie succeeds.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 186 Post(s)

January 8th, 2020, 17:17
I've not heard of this game until now, but an open world rpg might pull me in that aspect alone. Not sure I'd care for Diablo-like combat, so I'll see what others think of the game as it progresses.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)

January 8th, 2020, 23:20
Hard to make out WTH is going on. But the horse animations are awesome!

mercy

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Sands of Salzaar - Getting an English Version