This Land Is My Land - Video Review - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » This Land Is My Land - Video Review

Default This Land Is My Land - Video Review

January 13th, 2020, 21:32
SplatterCatGaming checked out the Open World Survival RPG This Land is My Land:

This Land is My Land (2020) - Open World Native American Survival

loading…

More information.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Team
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 67 Post(s)

January 13th, 2020, 21:53
So this is basically an Assassin Creed clone and you play as an Native American?

I'll have to keep my eye on this game.
--
"Opinions are like assholes. Everybody's got one and everybody thinks everybody else's stinks."

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

Mentioned: 74 Post(s)

January 13th, 2020, 22:30
I thought assassin creed was a fix game and this one I think was described as more of a rogue game where hte map changes each time you play.

Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
So this is basically an Assassin Creed clone and you play as an Native American?

I'll have to keep my eye on this game.

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)

January 14th, 2020, 00:35
Depending on how well this is done and how the combat functions, I might have to check this out.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)

January 14th, 2020, 02:16
So this is basically an Assassin Creed clone
Sadly it is not.
It's betatest of nonRPG that also has no story but has a fantastic idea - every time you save or die, trashmobs become bigger bulletsponges:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1…nd_Is_My_Land/
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 187 Post(s)

January 14th, 2020, 03:22
Originally Posted by joxer View Post
Sadly it is not.
It's betatest of nonRPG that also has no story but has a fantastic idea - every time you save or die, trashmobs become bigger bulletsponges:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1…nd_Is_My_Land/
Thanks it's just another survival game. Not the first to label itself an RPG either.
--
"Opinions are like assholes. Everybody's got one and everybody thinks everybody else's stinks."

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

Mentioned: 74 Post(s)

January 14th, 2020, 15:25
Thanks it's just another survival game. Not the first to label itself an RPG either.
Uh, you are putting words in their mouth, the developers never labeled their game as an RPG. From the link provided above they describe the game as:

"This is an open-world stealth action game in which players assume the role of tribe chief a quest for vengeance."

Grifman

Watchdog

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

January 14th, 2020, 16:23
I just might get this. While a full RPG experience would be better, I'm pretty happy just hunting and taking care of my camp in Red Dead Redemption II.

EDIT: I bit the bullet and plunked down more than usual for this early-access game, but I kind of like it already. It's likely not for everyone, though. First blush:

The 3rd person in the large world feels like Far Cry, taking over camps and gaining territory from the white man. It's an indy game (4-man dev crew) so it's not as polished as that, but it looks good, better than you might expect from an indy.

There's a strategic management layer that feels a bit like Jagged Alliance, but it's in real time, so maybe a bit more like, say, Kenshi. It has a bit of Kenshi's simulation feel, with patrols and whatnot moving around on the map in real time. You gain warriors and assign them to your camps, arming them and giving them tasks like guarding, gathering resources and whatnot. Can't tell yet if it's as grindy in its economy as Kenshi. Looks like there may be plenty of micro-management shuffling supplies around, which I seem to have a much higher tolerance for than most people, so that doesn't scare me at all. Looks like there's plenty of crafting, although it looks like you upgrade your captured camps, rather than building them from scratch like Kenshi.

Haven't played much yet, but I'll be headed back to chase the white man off my lands.
Last edited by Capt. Huggy Face; January 14th, 2020 at 23:50. Reason: Quick first impressions.

Capt. Huggy Face

Aging Gamer
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
+1:

January 20th, 2020, 21:52
By the way, I'm quite liking this game. It still needs work on the AI, a rather central pillar to the game, but it's still in Early Access. Never heard of it. Thanks for posting, HiddenX.

Capt. Huggy Face

Aging Gamer
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
+1:
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » This Land Is My Land - Video Review