Vampire's Fall: Origins - Review - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Vampire's Fall: Origins - Review

Default Vampire's Fall: Origins - Review

February 7th, 2020, 22:49
GameRVW checked out Vampire's Fall: Origins:

Vampire's Fall: Origins PC Review

Vampire's Fall: Origins is described by the devs as a "A tribute to classic RPGs. Made with passion, by old-school gamers." The world is an isometric landscape, and combat is a turn based affair that takes place in a separate 2D screen, which will be familiar to anyone who has played past Final Fantasy titles. Your combat abilities are split into three different types; Weapons, Control, and Instinct. Weapon attacks are based on what weapon you are using. A basic weapon attack uses no resources and will use its standard damage range value, or you can use a resource called Focus to attack with both your main hand and off hand weapon. Focus is a limited resource which you gain a certain amount of each round, depending on your character's build. Control and Instinct attacks will always cost Focus, and allow you to use various buffs, debuffs and special attacks.

[…]

Vampire's Fall: Origins feels like a game where all the elements of an RPG are present, but in a functional sense rather than a truly engaging one. The combat mechanics are competent, but the character options are limited and the fights themselves fairly basic. The story and world have good foundations, but often fall a bit short. On the plus side, those with a soft spot for indie games may want to give this one a try, as the writing, references and humour make it feel like the devs have poured their love for games into their work, even if it sometimes disappoints. At a higher price point, the game would be lacking in too many areas, but considering it's cheap price, there is enough here for an RPG fan to enjoy.

Score: 6.9/10
More information.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Team
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 66 Post(s)

February 7th, 2020, 23:48
Got it today and played around 2h, think ill get a refund. Combat gets boring fast and a nuisance at some point; there are some positives but the feeling of mobile game is present.
--
Favorite Game: Gothic II
My steam profile

porcozaur

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

February 10th, 2020, 18:19
Nice art and good GUI! However I checked out the combat on YT and its so bad, it drove me into a horse-neighing fit combined with Snickery-snorty sarcasto-magnotastic Laughter Thing I always do, when a product gets so ridiculously lame, it becomes unbearable.

mercy

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)

February 11th, 2020, 01:28
Combat becomes boring as soon as you get bite, that skill is op as fuck. I keep playing this since it became a little funnier as i leveled and got myself some cool ass weapon; for instance i have 1.3k hp and just beat a troll of 6k+ hp just because of that cool weapon lol. Exploration and quests are interesting and entertaining.
--
Favorite Game: Gothic II
My steam profile

porcozaur

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Vampire's Fall: Origins - Review