The Signifier - Tech-Noir Mystery Game - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » The Signifier - Tech-Noir Mystery Game

Default The Signifier - Tech-Noir Mystery Game

March 20th, 2020, 00:42
Tech-noir mystery game The Signifier has been announced.

loading…

The Signifier is a first-person tech-noir mystery adventure that blends investigation, experimental psychology, and artificial intelligence.

Players step into the role of Frederick Russell, an expert in AI and psychology, and the main researcher behind an experimental deep brain scanner called the Dreamwalker. Its controversial technology allows the exploration of the recorded senses and unconscious realms of the mind. He finds himself thrust into a spiral of intrigue when asked to use his creation after the vice president of the world's biggest tech company turns up dead in her apartment.

Explore the real and surreal worlds, become immersed in fringe psychology, solve puzzles, and find the truth.

Features:

• Three coexisting dimensions to explore: reality, and the objective memories and subjective dreams in the mindscape
  • Move between realms to solve puzzles, unlock new dialog branches, and unravel the mystery
  • Learn psychological concepts to use powers and tools for navigating the strange and unpredictable unconsciousness
  • Every challenge is part of the mystery that creates unique moments with no filler
  • A multi-layer narrative that spirals into a complex web of real-world intrigue as surreal suspense
  • Get immersed in thought provoking tension, free from jump scares
  • Question the implications of AI, intrusion to the consciousness, privacy, and whether we see the world as it is or a subjective creation of our minds
More information.

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)

March 20th, 2020, 12:01
I have a big allergy with walking sims but the "Move between realms to solve puzzles" made it somewhat interesting to me. I hope the puzzles won't be "a walk in the park" kind of puzzles. I'll wait for reviews.

DarkOzric

Cosmic Wanderer

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

March 21st, 2020, 09:02
I'm interested, but something is missing . . .

It's too bad the guys who did Talos Principle didn't use this setting for Talos Principle 2.

Dajjer

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

March 21st, 2020, 17:43
I can go for a detective game every so often, I'll keep an eye on this one and monitor thoughts once it's out and available.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)

March 22nd, 2020, 16:10
I'll keep walking…

RikusTyr

Watcher

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » The Signifier - Tech-Noir Mystery Game