Torchlight III - Goblin Forest Travelogue

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
A new update for Torchlight III describes the Goblin Forest from the perspective of a Map Vendor.

Goblin Forest Travelogue

Here begins the Travelogue of Aleph, the Map Vendor on an expedition through the Goblin Homeland!
By SoFech May 14, 2020 08:55 am

Here begins the Travelogue of Aleph, the Map Vendor

I arrived at Trevail Point several months ago after departing from Red Haven with nothing but General Graye's blessing to keep me safe. It took some pleading, but the General let me join this expedition through the Goblin Homeland in an effort to complete my Explorer Sprite training. My only patches left to earn were "Forest Survival", "Frontier Bivouacking" and "Improvised Weaponry." In my time here, I have yet to claim these badges, but I have found something far more valuable. My Cartomancy skills have been growing, and have thus far earned me a pretty profit. But what's the point of profit without even more profit? With that in mind, I set out deep into the Goblin Forest to chronicle what I might find.

Lake Gobdunk

I arrived at Lake Gobdunk early in the morning, just as the sun was cresting over the treeline. The Lake itself was beautiful in the morning light, but a sense of danger pervaded the area. Deep in the burning heart of Firebelly Tribe territory, Lake Gobdunk is surrounded by their Firebelly fishing village. Long after it was outlawed, these goblins are still fishing with dynamite. Even at this early hour, you can hear the echo of explosions cut through the stillness. I guess safety isn't really a primary concern.

Mossrat of Unusual Size

Also roaming around Lake Gobdunk, the Mossrat of Unusual Size, or M.O.U.S., is a particularly aggressive subspecies of the invasive forest-bound mossrat. Unable to squeeze through the smaller openings that the common mossrat uses to escape predators, M.O.U.S. have become more hostile. They hunt in smaller packs than the common mossrat, but their larger, stronger jaws are capable of dealing a bit more damage. Nothing that a skilled Adventurer shouldn't be able to handle, but how often do you meet one of them these days?

Hidden Falls

I braved the treacherous route around the Lake hoping that the booming dynamite would hide the sound of my footsteps as I ventured deeper into Firebelly Tribe territory. Imagine my surprise as I stumbled upon what could only be described as a serene natural wonder: If it weren't infested with Goblins, that is. Nestled along the course of these Hidden Falls, I spotted the signature rickety platforms and ramshackle scaffolding the goblins call architecture. I couldn't make my way to the bottom of the Falls without drawing their attention, but I suspect they have some kind of fishing operation going.

Goblin Chanter

While carefully forging a trail the long way around the falls, I nearly disturbed the shamanic rituals of several Goblin Chanters. These shamans serve the Worldgnasher, a particularly nasty deity, who they believe will rise again and devour all things (starting with us humans). They earned their name for the ceremonial chants they utter in an effort to rouse this dark god from its slumber. Their dark rituals give the Goblin Chanters the ability to raise their fallen comrades again and again, whether those comrades like it or not. While Chanters are waiting for their magical energies to replenish, or if they are caught alone, they unleash a spread of fireballs using their fire staves. However, it is said that Goblin Chanters are never truly alone. They always bring a party of their dead friends along for the ride.

[...]
More information.

Back
Top Bottom