Stellar Tactics - Disable, board, capture and sell enemy ships - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Stellar Tactics - Disable, board, capture and sell enemy ships

Default Stellar Tactics - Disable, board, capture and sell enemy ships

June 20th, 2020, 06:45
A large update for Stellar Tactics announces that disabling, boarding, capturing and selling enemy ships is now available.

Disable, board, capture and sell enemy ships

I'm releasing the boarding content patch today. Every ship in the game can be boarded and I'd like to hear your feedback on the new system. This is one of the last core systems that needed to be implemented. It will be important as I expand the current mission system adding more variety, branching missions, and of course for the game story where there will be a number of ships that need to be boarded for various reasons. If you find any issues, please post in the bug forums and I'll take a look. As with all updates, there are likely edge cases and bugs that will only show up when people start playing the new content. I'll keep an eye on the forums and patch out any issues.

As it is, boarding is a nice add-on for the game. Short scenarios that net good returns. You can choose the repair/salvage mechanic for better sale value when contacting Arkus, though it is entirely up to you if you want to take the extra time to do this. No matter what, you will at least need to identify all the broken systems on the ship. Repairing them will develop your repair skill which will be used in future content updates when I expand the mission system. Scrapping components will improve your salvaging skill. More on this below.

With the addition of boarding, sub-system targeting is now in the game. This adds a new tactical layer to space combat allowing you to disable enemy engines, weapons, and systems - giving you time to deal with other ships in multi-ship combat scenarios.

Some of you have expressed an interest in walking around on your own ships. I want to say that this is not off the table. I'll be looking into it and I have some ideas I think you will like.

Others have mentioned that they want to keep the ships. Again, not off the table. I'll be looking into ways to expand the boarding system so you can earn ships through Arkus over time.

So whats next?
  • I'll be wrapping up the new perk system, rewarding perks earlier and more often. The next patch will complete all perks for the game including crafting, salvaging, and repair.
  • I'll be adding the new special weapon attacks. These will be rewarded at various skill levels and include active skills that can be placed in the two empty combat bar slots. This will round out the ground combat system nicely.
  • The weapon and armor repair system.
  • Expanding the mission system. Now that all core requirements are in the game - I can start working on making missions more varied, adding missions with multiple objects, and more.
[…]

More information.

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)

June 20th, 2020, 07:00
The game just keeps getting better with every update.

Can't wait till it's finished as I don't play Early Access games.
--
"We live in a stupid society where everything is racist and diversity/identity is our strength. I feel like humanity is lost, common sense is erased. Welcome to the United States of Idiocracy"

Couchpotato

Dreg of Society

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)

June 20th, 2020, 07:40
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
The game just keeps getting better with every update.

Can't wait till it's finished as I don't play Early Access games.
yeh me too, have it in my account for over half a year now..
--
Everyone thinks i am crazy, but i am just adjusting to my environment.

ikbenrichard

Fulltime RPGWatcher
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

June 20th, 2020, 11:02
I bought it a while ago but only played about a couple of hours. It was pretty decent but still had a long way to go.

They have added a lot of features till then so i am very hopeful that this will be good in the end

Giovanni1983

Watchdog

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

June 20th, 2020, 15:47
Played a very early version of combat which was next door to garbage. What's combat like now? Can anybody compare it to something familiar?
--
contributed to: Age of Decadence | Dead State | Battle Brothers | Fell Seal+DLC | Stygian | Realms Beyond
working on: Colony Ship RPG | Encased | ATOM RPG+DLC | Urtuk | Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness

screeg

floating head
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

June 20th, 2020, 16:15
This game has been on my wish list for years, hope it will release soon. Following its progression, looks like they have done good work.

RikusTyr

Watcher

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

June 20th, 2020, 16:17
Originally Posted by screeg View Post
Played a very early version of combat which was next door to garbage. What's combat like now? Can anybody compare it to something familiar?
I played it a few months back, got to where I got my own ship….combat was no different then wasteland 2? I liked the look of things, but I am waiting until story is complete before really diving in.
--
If you don't stand behind your troops, feel free to stand in front.

rune_74

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

June 21st, 2020, 00:57
Been on my wish list since the beginning, but I also just cant get myself to play early access games, it always seems to ruin the experience for me.

azsinistar

Watcher

June 21st, 2020, 20:21
Originally Posted by azsinistar View Post
Been on my wish list since the beginning, but I also just cant get myself to play early access games, it always seems to ruin the experience for me.
Depends on the game. For this game I agree, been on my wishlist for ages.

But a game like Griftlands I have no problem playing in EA since it's more about replay of fairly short runs vs super long play thrus. Also no real risk since Klei always delivers. And it's not very expensive either.

I'm buying far less early access games these days and returning any that aren't going to give enough initial bang for buck.

Voqar

PC Gaming Snob

June 21st, 2020, 21:40
I bought this a long time ago but have yet to try it out.

TomRon

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)

June 21st, 2020, 22:51
Always a fan of boarding actions. I'm in for sure, if I can keep the ships I capture, but I'm in anyway, really, whenever it's finished.

Capt. Huggy Face

Aging Gamer
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
+1:

June 24th, 2020, 16:32
This has been sitting in my backlog for ages. Excited for it, but waiting till its done.
--
How about all games have a single huge lootbox you pay for up front that contains all the options, items, skins, unlocks etc? I'd pay for that!!

Wisdom

Torch & Pitchfork Vendor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

June 24th, 2020, 19:10
Originally Posted by Wisdom View Post
This has been sitting in my backlog for ages. Excited for it, but waiting till its done.
I just polay the prologue every few months, but yep, waiting for it to be done…I get the feeling he adds more things as time goes on as he feels it might be cool….this may be very long before this is done.
--
If you don't stand behind your troops, feel free to stand in front.

rune_74

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Stellar Tactics - Disable, board, capture and sell enemy ships