Rebel Galaxy Outlaw - Available on Steam September 22nd - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Rebel Galaxy Outlaw - Available on Steam September 22nd

Default Rebel Galaxy Outlaw - Available on Steam September 22nd

September 15th, 2020, 20:43
RockPaperShotgun reports that Rebel Galaxy Outlaw will be available on Steam September 22nd. The game has previously been exclusively available on Epic Game Store.

"We know it hasn't been fun waiting--it hasn't been fun for us, it definitely hasn't been fun for you," Double Damage say. "There's been a lot of things happening behind the scenes we're not able to really elaborate upon, but know we have been pounding away on all the things needed to launch a title on consoles." According to the rest of their announcement post, it sounds like a combination of Covid-19 pandemic problems and personal matters have exacerbated the process.

loading…

[…]
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
+1:

September 15th, 2020, 23:43
I've completely forgotten about this game. As I stopped following after it was announced to be an Epic limited time exclusive release. So for those that did is it good?
--
"Opinions are like assholes. Everybody's got one and everybody thinks everybody else's stinks."

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

Mentioned: 73 Post(s)

September 16th, 2020, 21:34
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
I've completely forgotten about this game. As I stopped following after it was announced to be an Epic limited time exclusive release. So for those that did is it good?
The number of replies to your question could be a good explanation to their 'We know it hasn't been fun waiting--it hasn't been fun for us'.

That Epic store exclusive looks more and more like a Deluxe Early Access before a full release to Steam.

Bless their wee hearts.

Kos

Watchdog

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

September 18th, 2020, 10:23
Finally!! A REAL game is available on Steam!
MUSTHAVE
MUSTPLAY
AMAZINGNESS!

EPIC made sure this game is already patched, community feedbacked & fixed.
I'm curious, how many bugs will Steam users find?
--
SSI Gold Box-style game, we are working on.

mercy

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)

September 20th, 2020, 18:37
@Couchpotato, @Kos

I bought it and played it last winter. It was pretty fun, but got really repetitive after a while. I personally liked the old game more.

About the bugs: I encountered just one that I can remember, where I killed all opponents but the quest refused to finish. So I had to replay it, which was annoying.

SveNitoR

Sentinel

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

September 20th, 2020, 19:06
Originally Posted by SveNitoR View Post
@Couchpotato, @Kos

I bought it and played it last winter. It was pretty fun, but got really repetitive after a while. I personally liked the old game more.

About the bugs: I encountered just one that I can remember, where I killed all opponents but the quest refused to finish. So I had to replay it, which was annoying.
Thanks for the only reply to my question.

As for me I played the first game and it looks similar. I'll probably enjoy it.
--
"Opinions are like assholes. Everybody's got one and everybody thinks everybody else's stinks."

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
+1:

September 20th, 2020, 20:05
The music in the first one was brutal.
--
How about all games have a single huge lootbox you pay for up front that contains all the options, items, skins, unlocks etc? I'd pay for that!!

Wisdom

Torch & Pitchfork Vendor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
+1:

September 21st, 2020, 07:36
Originally Posted by Wisdom View Post
The music in the first one was brutal.
You mean that in a good way, right? I felt the music was exactly right for a space western, kind of like Firefly or Serenity.

I heard that a lot of people didn't like RGO because it's nothing like the original. No more 2D capital combat, maneuvering to get your broadsides on target while avoiding your enemy's broadsides, and trying to face one opponent at a time. Instead you get a generic starfighter flight sim. Or did I get a biased sample of reviews from the crankypants at the Codex?
--
Check out Himeko Sutori, the strategy RPG where you command an army of up to 200 unique heroes

Nathaniel3W

Himeko Sutori Developer

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

September 21st, 2020, 08:56
Originally Posted by Nathaniel3W View Post
You mean that in a good way, right? I felt the music was exactly right for a space western, kind of like Firefly or Serenity.

I heard that a lot of people didn't like RGO because it's nothing like the original. No more 2D capital combat, maneuvering to get your broadsides on target while avoiding your enemy's broadsides, and trying to face one opponent at a time. Instead you get a generic starfighter flight sim. Or did I get a biased sample of reviews from the crankypants at the Codex?
Well, it is quite generic. I don't regret buying it, because it was fun for quite a while, but I reached a plateau where I had max upgraded ships and there was still much left. I might go back to finish it eventually.

In the old rebel galaxy I finished upgrading late in the game, so it felt fresh longer.

SveNitoR

Sentinel

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Rebel Galaxy Outlaw - Available on Steam September 22nd