Yakuza: Like a Dragon - Preview @Windows Central - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Yakuza: Like a Dragon - Preview @Windows Central

Default Yakuza: Like a Dragon - Preview @Windows Central

October 14th, 2020, 20:49
Windows Central previewed Yakuza: Like a Dragon and have a positive impression.

I'm still unsure how the combat system will feel in the full game, given that the preview build had a huge arsenal of stuff pre-unlocked. I'm hoping that I won't feel as overpowered as I did in the full game, and there are certainly signs that won't be the case. The weapons I had equipped were far more powerful than the ones I found in the field, for example, leading me to think that the preview build was designed to make us overpowered. The game also has three difficulty settings too, so, there's always Hard mode if you want more of a challenge.

The combat is spectacular and exciting in any case, but it wasn't my favorite thing about Yakuza: Like a Dragon. From the few chapters I played, in Japanese, I already felt more connected to the game's characters than I've felt for a fair while.

[…]
More information.

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
+1:

November 4th, 2020, 20:34
PC Gamer review:
https://www.pcgamer.com/yakuza-like-a-dragon-review/
A fun, charming, and occasionally brilliant Yakuza game, let down by an overabundance of repetitive turn-based battles.
LOL
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 197 Post(s)

November 4th, 2020, 21:25
Originally Posted by joxer View Post
PC Gamer review:
https://www.pcgamer.com/yakuza-like-a-dragon-review/

LOL
And what's hilarious about that? It sounds like the fights are as frequent as in previous titles, which is far too frequent for a turn based game.

JFarrell71

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Yakuza: Like a Dragon - Preview @Windows Central