King's Bounty II - Preview In Nine Minutes - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » King's Bounty II - Preview In Nine Minutes

Default King's Bounty II - Preview In Nine Minutes

November 16th, 2020, 11:32
RPG Geeks previewed King's Bounty II in 9 minutes. The video is in Russian but you can auto-translate it to English. Gamewatcher has a preview writeup of the Demo they witnessed.

loading…

Life is hard for a noble knight! Either go and kill the dragon, then go to save the princess from captivity in the tower, and she during the captivity, take and grow some kind of dirty trick! And as a reward for you, brave hero, protector of the weak and patron of the innocent … well, how lucky. Sometimes half a kingdom, sometimes a shish with butter, but today - another part from the venerable game series, which for the second time is transformed beyond recognition. What came of this, and whether such a creation will be to the taste of fans of virtual knightly novels - we will now find out!

The editorial staff of the RPG GEEKS channel attended the presentation of King's Bounty 2, which is preparing for release in March 2021, and we are in a hurry to share our impressions! Dismount from your horse, hide the sword in the sheath and do not forget to lift the visor, otherwise it will be inconvenient to watch the video!

[…]

King's Bounty 2 will feature three hero classes, each having their own story. We got a look at the warrior, who's able to field the largest armies but can only use magic through scrolls. On the flipside, warriors only have to worry about the main currency: Gold. The other currency - Mana - is a precious resource when you pick a spellcaster as your class.

Your class choice also affects the approaches you can take to completing quests. At one point in the demo, a pack of golems blocked the warrior's way. Without access to magic, fighting them was the only option.

You bolster your armies by purchasing troops from vendors found across the world. The location you're buying them from determines the available types.
More information.

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)

November 16th, 2020, 14:40
King's Bounty II Previews

WCCFTech
Is King's Bounty II too ambitious for its own good? Perhaps. The game isn't going to replace The Witcher or Dragon Age any time soon, and yet, I could see its solid strategic combat, morality system, and unique army management attracting an audience. Will that audience be large enough to justify 1C Entertainment's investment (over 135 people are working on the game)? That remains to be seen. I'm willing to give King's Bounty II a chance, but I''m not quite ready to declare it a proper heir to the throne yet.
GameWatcher
Our first good look at King's Bounty II revealed a promising turn-based strategy game that sticks to what made its predecessors so fun to play while also adopting more modern elements.

Traversing the world in third-person and jumping into cinematic cutscenes at important points during quests is a welcome addition. It has the potential to flesh out the world and story in a way that previous games didn't quite manage to, especially if the developer irons out the technical kinks present in the demo.
--
“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.”

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

Mentioned: 84 Post(s)

November 16th, 2020, 15:49
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
The game isn't going to replace The Witcher or Dragon Age any time soon
Excuse me, but WTF? The Witcher, DA, and KB2 are three completely different style of game!

This new Porsche is good for what it is, but it's not going to replace chemotherapy any time soon!
--
contributed to: Age of Decadence | Dead State | Battle Brothers | Fell Seal+DLC | Stygian | Realms Beyond
working on: Colony Ship RPG | Encased | ATOM RPG+DLC | Black Geyser | Chernobylite | King's Bounty 2

screeg

floating head
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

November 16th, 2020, 15:50
Don't look at me bro I just shared the links and copy pasted the conclusion.
--
“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.”

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

November 16th, 2020, 17:32
Originally Posted by screeg View Post
This new Porsche is good for what it is, but it's not going to replace chemotherapy any time soon!
I'd say that all of them are cars. But it makes no sense to compare a racecar and a truck.
--
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
- George Bernard Shaw

Currently playing: Assassin's Creed: Valhalla

Morrandir

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)

November 16th, 2020, 17:52
Don't look at me bro I just shared the links and copy pasted the conclusion.
Don't take it personally, Couch. We are happy for all that you dig up and post on this site. Besides reviewers who are ignorant enough to write such a comment always are going to draw an outraged comment or two.

forgottenlor

Font of Useless Knowledge
RPGWatch Team
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)

November 16th, 2020, 17:56
What? I wasn't offended. I was joking about being quoted.
--

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

November 16th, 2020, 19:29
My Russian's not what it used to be but I think he said KB 2 is to Kraft Dinner what the Witcher 3 is to suede shoes.

That seems a pretty clear analogy to me - and should clear up any confusion from the previous comments and observations.

SSIGuy

An Islander Returned

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
+1:

November 16th, 2020, 19:55
Indeed, it's clearly obvious that King's Bounty 2 is exactly like a Penguin surfing on a chez lounge.

lackblogger

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)

November 16th, 2020, 20:20
Well, I'd be happy to join said penguin on the lounge and rap more about how good this game might be!

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

November 16th, 2020, 21:34
Am I the only one who's underwhelmed by the footage they've shown so far? I liked the art style of KB 1 + expansions a lot more. This looks somewhat generic tbh.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
+1:

November 16th, 2020, 22:02
"Traversing the world in third-person and jumping into cinematic cutscenes at important points during quests is a welcome addition".

No it isn't! While I wouldn't say I hate ALL cut-scenes I certainly hate them most of the time.

TomRon

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
+1:

November 16th, 2020, 22:35
huh, what happend to King's Bounty? this looks like a completely different game

GothicGothicness

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
+1:

November 16th, 2020, 23:40
Originally Posted by GothicGothicness View Post
huh, what happend to King's Bounty? this looks like a completely different game
Different developer and publisher with a different vision it seems.

Edit: To clarify different developer and new owner of 1C Publishing EU Koch Media
--
Last edited by Couchpotato; November 17th, 2020 at 02:34.

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

November 17th, 2020, 19:32
Different developer and publisher with a different vision it seems.

Edit: To clarify different developer and new owner of 1C Publishing EU Koch Media
We've seen this so often before. New company buys age old series with a built in fan base. Said company decides series needs to be modernized to attract a new audience. No new audience materializes. Old audience is pissed and trashes new entry with negative reviews. Old series dies out. Might and Magic is a great example, so is Jagged Alliance.

forgottenlor

Font of Useless Knowledge
RPGWatch Team
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)

November 17th, 2020, 20:34
The visuals and third person camera killed it for me. Like GothicGothicness said, feels like I'm watching gameplay from a completely different game than the previous and not a sequel.

axellslade

No Title Please

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

November 17th, 2020, 21:06
I'm definitely not thrilled by the graphics changes, but I'm willing to keep an open mind about everything else. King's bounty was one of my favorite franchises, but by the end their games got a little too similar. So I'm definitely open to something that shakes things up a bit, I just hope they didn't go too far.

fadedc

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
+1:

November 17th, 2020, 22:12
Yeah I'm giving them the benefit for now, hoping that they don't mess with the things that made this a great franchise. So right now I'm hopefully optimistic, but prepared to smite with terrible wrath if they muck up the formula.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

November 17th, 2020, 22:26
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
Am I the only one who's underwhelmed by the footage they've shown so far? I liked the art style of KB 1 + expansions a lot more. This looks somewhat generic tbh.
Yep, it looks as vanilla as a very vanilla thing. I don't mind going for a more realistic look (though I quite liked the original look), but this has no character at all.
--
Proud leader of the Shit Games Liberation Front
All your shit games are belong to us

FIRST KNIGHT OF THE ORDER OF THE BLOB

Shagnak

SGLF Founder

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

November 18th, 2020, 18:19
Originally Posted by forgottenlor View Post
We've seen this so often before. New company buys age old series with a built in fan base. Said company decides series needs to be modernized to attract a new audience. No new audience materializes. Old audience is pissed and trashes new entry with negative reviews. Old series dies out. Might and Magic is a great example, so is Jagged Alliance.
Late reply but yeah when an IP is sold and gets a new developer some change is inevitable. Though sometimes it does reboot the franchise well, other-times it fails.

It's the age old problem of pleasing an old fan-base, and appealing to new buyers.
--

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » King's Bounty II - Preview In Nine Minutes