Cyber Knights: Flashpoint - Early Access 2021 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Cyber Knights: Flashpoint - Early Access 2021

Default Cyber Knights: Flashpoint - Early Access 2021

November 16th, 2020, 13:42
PC Gamer reports on Cyber Knights: Flashpoint saying that it plans to release into Early Access Summer 2021.

loading…

Indie developers Trese Brothers are set to release their second game in 2021, a cyberpunk tactical RPG titled Cyber Knights: Flashpoint. Cyber Knights will interweave the story of an elite team of "hackers, mercs and thieves" with deep game systems and XCOM-esque tactical combat that includes stealth and hacking. The kicker is that the game has procedural elements, much like Trese Brothers' highly-regarded previous game Star Traders: Frontiers. These generated elements in the story and combat mean that Cyber Knights aims to be highly replayable, giving you a new cyberpunk story each time.

Asked to say what makes Cyber Knights stand out from other tactical RPGs, developer Andrew Trese told PC Gamer that it was an emphasis on "Deep systems and extreme replayability," noting that it had "Heist-style missions with a distinct planning phase and balanced mix of stealth, hacking and combat in encounters."

[…]
More information.

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)

November 16th, 2020, 15:58
Gotta say I love this developer. As every game they release is guaranteed support for a few years, and that includes getting new game content for free as well.
--
“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.”

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

Mentioned: 84 Post(s)

November 16th, 2020, 23:50
True dat. I am still waiting for Startraders to be "finished" so I can finally give it a whirl.

Darkheart

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
+1:

November 17th, 2020, 04:32
Not at all interested in Star Traders but this might be fun.
--
The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views….
-- Doctor Who in "Face of Evil"

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
+1:

November 18th, 2020, 00:04
Originally Posted by Zloth View Post
Not at all interested in Star Traders but this might be fun.
They still were NOT able to finish Star Traders, no matter how diligent a public image they are trying to project. They are still working on it. Imagine builders convince you that you can move into your 70% finished house. Then you bump into workers every day hauling buckets of cement and nailing drywalls but so very slowly.. And they continually ensure you that they are furiously working on your house and it will take another two years to HOPE they gonna finish it..
--
SSI Gold Box-style game, we are working on.

mercy

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)

November 18th, 2020, 02:35
<shrug> Makes me no never mind. I normally wait for a game's development to be winding down before I buy. (Sneaky Dandylion trixxed us with TS:ACes!) If they're still looking to do more work on this for years on end, they'll simply sit on my wish list for longer.
--
The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views….
-- Doctor Who in "Face of Evil"

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)

November 18th, 2020, 17:43
They have finished star traders….they just keep adding more to it that wasn't originally part of it. I see it as added value…others see it as a bad thing…shrug.
--
If you don't stand behind your troops, feel free to stand in front.

rune_74

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

November 18th, 2020, 17:47
Originally Posted by rune_74 View Post
They have finished star traders….they just keep adding more to it that wasn't originally part of it. I see it as added value…others see it as a bad thing…shrug.
True that as the game was fully playable from start to finish on it's release. That roadmap was just free added content the developer wants to implement over time.

Anyway I can't wait for him to release his game. Karma is a bitch.
--
“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.”

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

Mentioned: 84 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Cyber Knights: Flashpoint - Early Access 2021