DA:Inquisition - The Last Court Discontinued - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » DA:Inquisition - The Last Court Discontinued

Default DA:Inquisition - The Last Court Discontinued

November 18th, 2020, 23:29
PC Gamer reports that The Last Court has been discontinued by EA. The Last Court helped players make choices to bring into Dragon Age Inquisition. However, fans are trying to preserve it.

The Dragon Age Keep was designed to allow players to create a world-state for importing into Dragon Age: Inquisition, since saves from the previous games couldn't be brought over. As a nice bonus, in 2014 Failbetter were commissioned to create The Last Court, an entire browser-based text game in the vein of Fallen London that could be played in the Keep, and which would unlock bonuses in Inquisition if finished.

[…]

As of November 17, The Last Court has been deactivated. Presumably the Dragon Age Keep is due for a refresh in advance of Dragon Age 4, but it would have been nice if The Last Court had been kept around for those who enjoyed it, or never got around to playing it. Fortunately, before it was taken offline a group of fans dedicated themselves to preserving it by screenshotting as many pages as they could.
More information.

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)

November 18th, 2020, 23:40
Don't think I ever played it for the extra items. Hopefully the online website to use/import your saves never goes down, but there is an offline save editor that still works.
--
“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.”

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

Mentioned: 84 Post(s)
+1:

November 19th, 2020, 19:32
Now, that's just another sign that everyone wants to play action games, not text or adventure games.
--
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)

November 19th, 2020, 20:01
Never even knew it existed tbh. Played a little bit of DA:I, but I never attempted to create an existing world state.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
+1:

November 19th, 2020, 20:03
I too never knew this existed. I replayed DA: Inquisition early this year (still a very good game) and had I known of this I might have tried it out.

NFLed

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

November 19th, 2020, 20:05
Bah, I call shenanigans! We all know there's really only one true Dragon Age product, that being Origins!

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

November 24th, 2020, 19:19
Personally, I prefer Rayman : Origins.
--
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)

November 24th, 2020, 19:37
Unpopular opinion: I loved every Dragon Age game, even Mass Effect Andromeda. Only recent BioWare game I hate is Anthem due to I personally hate MMO/Online games.

Now we have a new Dragon Age & Mas Effect in development. Just hope they don't screw it up and go the whole online connected world nonsense again.
--
“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.”

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

Mentioned: 84 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » DA:Inquisition - The Last Court Discontinued