Knights of the Chalice II - Version 1.08 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Knights of the Chalice II - Version 1.08

Default Knights of the Chalice II - Version 1.08

November 27th, 2020, 21:12
This is new in version 1.08 of KotC 2:

Update #41: KotC 2 Version 1.08 & PDF Guidebook! KotC 1 to be released on GOG on 1 December!

Hello everyone! Version 1.08 of KotC 2 Augury of Chaos is now available for download here for both Windows and macOS. You will also be able to download the first version of the 330-page Augury of Chaos PDF Guidebook, if you've pledged as Paladin or above. Here's a preview of the guidebook:

The other important announcement today is the release of KotC 1 on GOG.com in a few days!

KotC will be coming to GOG on 1 December 2020 at 3 pm CET / 2 pm UK time / 9 am Eastern Time.

The GOG version features a leaderboard and 117 challenging achievements for you to unlock through the GOG Galaxy client. After the release, you'll find the store pages there: KotC 1, Free Demo, KotC 2.

Please Spread the Word about the GOG launch, Noble Paladins and Wise Mages! Feel free to retweet my tweet about it. Thank You! :-)
List of improvements in KotC 2 version 1.08

• You can now use the 'Forge Weapon' dialogue box to craft arrows, crossbow bolts, sling bullets, sleep arrows and slaying arrows.
  • Created the new feats Heroic Concentration and Heroic Initiative.
  • Fixed the Wizard feats Spell Focus and Greater Spell Focus.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented weapon and armour enchanting in KotC 2 version 1.06 and 1.07.
  • Learning a spell contained in a bag will no longer crash the game.
  • Creatures who selected 'Ready versus Spell' and then received a condition like Stunned, Dazed or Quicksand will no longer be able to take their ready action.
  • Fixed the Mage Knight feat Fast Enhance Ability.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred on level up when you had only a few spells left to pick.
  • Effect icons will be displayed immediately after loading a game (if the option to display effect icons out of combat is selected).
  • In the macOS version, fixed the 'Add Sound Source' sub-menu in the editor.
  • Fixed a few issues with enchanting / forging / recharging.
  • Fixed the display of energy resistances in the inventory screen.
  • Fixed a bug where enemy psionics users would manifest 'Purification' when they don't need it.
  • The Healing Domain and the feat Healing Mastery now confer the Healing skill to characters.
  • Fixed a bug with enemies not triggering AOOs while moving near the party members
[…]
More information.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Team
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 77 Post(s)

November 28th, 2020, 12:25
Animated sprites, A'ka KOTC 1:

I combed his KS updates, until I found what I wanted. The quality of PVG animated sprites is good enough, I think, for this game. Maybe the KOTC 1 sprites were more unique, but PVG will be okay. KOTC 2 will have nice 3D cities, rendered in ToEI 2D-style by PVG. Art direction is okay: what he could afford. Concept painter's skill is also OK, I think.

However, the PVG assets are divided between two styles (new style and old style). The new style comprises all of the new assets PVG has been releasing on its Patreon channel, while the old style comprises all of the assets found in the PVG asset packs, such as the Medieval Warfare pack, which contains many weapon sprite and paperdoll images.

I will use stuff from both styles, but that means more processing work for me to make the two styles compatible with each other.
--
SSI Gold Box-style game, we are working on.
Last edited by mercy; November 28th, 2020 at 12:38.

mercy

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
+1:

December 1st, 2020, 06:42
I was looking forward to buying this when it came out and I had no idea it was… actually out yet? Or will be, on GoG soon? That's cool, hopefully it comes to Steam as well. I'll definitely be picking this up.

Is this game pretty much a combat-focused D&D adventure like KoTC 1 was? I don't know why but I still thought this was in beta development/kickstarter phases.
--
My mother said that dreams aren't real. But nightmares are.

FurtiveNyctophile

Watchdog

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

December 1st, 2020, 20:23
I get my ass kicked by this game.
--
If you don't stand behind your troops, feel free to stand in front.

rune_74

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
+1:

December 1st, 2020, 20:28
Since the first game is now available via Steam, I suspect this one will be as well. I avoid testing stuff these days save for one mmo that I've been involved with for years now, but when the baking is done I'll be all over this one. I'm really please to see that it will also be offered on great old games!!

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)

December 1st, 2020, 21:13
I enjoy hard games but this first adventure is stupid hard right at the beginning. No place to rest and fighting many spell casters every fight. You can lvl your party up during creation and I would recommend starting at lvl 3.
--
"From knowledge springs Power, just as weakness stems from Ignorance."

Hastar

Unspeakable

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)

December 1st, 2020, 23:09
The game got a lot of complain when version 1.0 was released because it felt at that moment really unfinished and the difficulty level was near absurd. It got quite a lot of update since then and I hope it's better but the update process is rather painful. I'm not sure I'm going to try it again until it's added on Steam.

vanedor

Sentinel

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

December 2nd, 2020, 01:44
I still haven't activated my kickstarter package yet. Looking forward to this at some point when I'm in the right mood.

lackblogger

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)

December 2nd, 2020, 20:28
Nod, I'm the same way, Lackblogger. I'm waiting until this one is entirely done before claiming my pledge.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Knights of the Chalice II - Version 1.08