December 15th, 2020, 20:59
The Turn Based Lovers checked out Wheel of Fate:

Wheel of Fate - Hands On!

"I have noticed even people
who claims everything is predestined
and that we can do nothing to change it,
look before they cross the road"
- Stephen Hawking

Wheel of Fate is many things but, first of all, is a very ambitious game.
In recent years has been growing a specific "trend": if a game wants to boast of being "ambitious" usually it must be veeeery big. Yeah, all of us know that size matters (uh…), but it seems that nowadays, if a game wants to be considered truly "ambitious", it must have at least a world map as big as a real Country (and not even a little one, like Liechtenstein, I mean…), as well as hundreds of NPCs, infinite items and so on.
In other words, everyone seems to be able to conceive the word "ambitious" only in quantitative terms, forgetting how important can be, for example, the introduction of a very original feature, something, for example, that nobody has ever created before.
Try to think about how beautiful would be the development of an outstanding A.I. capable of learning from your choices!

Obviously, I'm aware that this is a very delicate matter. Maybe, since the invention of videogames, one of the most unfulfilled promises of the developers has ever been the creation of a TRUE Artificial Intelligence. We dreamt about enemies able to learn from our moves, or stories capable of changing or adapting to the player's choices, but none of these promises was really fulfilled. Decades have passed since then, but, even now, when we play no matter what videogame, we are still forced to face enemies less funny than a review of Common Sense Media.

[…]
More information.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Team
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Wheel of Fate - Hands On @ TBL