General News - Gaming Events of 2020 @ PC Gamer

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
PC Gamer looks back at 2020:

The gaming events of 2020 that will have the largest impact on our future

We're gazing into the orb, it says the future looks anime as heck.

Now that it's finally time to take Old Man 2020 out back and put a kindly bullet in the back of his head, it's also time to take stock of what happened this year in the world of PC gaming, and what it might mean for us in the years ahead.

It was the year game conventions went online and game companies started to normalize working from home. PC gaming won the console war, and the reward for that victory was the promise of more formerly exclusive Sony games coming to our platform. Companies that once seemed coated in teflon, like Blizzard and CD Projekt Red, made decisions that alienated some of their most devoted fans. The Oculus Quest 2 made virtual reality more attainable, and shortages made graphics cards less attainable. And that's just skimming the surface of an eventful 12 months.

Here are some of the events of 2020 we think will have significant impacts on the future of PC gaming. Like all predictions, there's a risk that something completely unexpected might come along and drastically alter everything we think we know, but what are the odds of that happening two years in a row? Pretty slim, right?

[...]
More information.

People: "Why is Cyberpunk 2077 so full of edgy violence?"

PC Gamer: "Now that it's finally time to take Old Man 2020 out back and put a kindly bullet in the back of his head."

Yeah, CDPR, that was totally out of nowhere. As a society, we barely think about violence or frame things in the context of violence at all.

I put more hours (> 400) in Genshin Impact than in any other game this year and still haven't paid one cent. My account is as good/playable as most whale accounts I've seen on Youtube.
If you play long enough you get more than enough good characters for your party to play with for free.
If the game-quality stays like the way it is now, I think I will play this as long as Elder Scrolls: Online, which I played for ca. 2400 hours.

Back
Top Bottom