Diablo 2 Resurrected - Mod Support Confirmed Plus PC Requirements - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Diablo 2 Resurrected - Mod Support Confirmed Plus PC Requirements

Default Diablo 2 Resurrected - Mod Support Confirmed Plus PC Requirements

February 21st, 2021, 22:10
DSOGaming reports on Diablo 2 Resurrected PC requirements and confirms there will be mod support.

According to the specs, PC gamers will at least need an Intel i3-3250 or AMD FX-4350 with 8GB of RAM and an Nvidia GTX 660 or AMD Radeon HD 7850. Blizzard recommends using an Intel Core i5-9600k or AMD Ryzen 5 2600 with 16GB of RAM. For gaming at 1080p, the team recommends using an Nvidia GTX 1060 or AMD Radeon RX 5500 XT graphics card.

Diablo 2 Resurrected will release on PC in 2021. Below you can find its full PC requirements, as well as its first official screenshots.

[…]
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)

February 21st, 2021, 23:16
Also it won't be an always online game and we can play it offline which is a big plus for me.
--
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
Terry Pratchett, Reaper Man

Gokyabgu

Keeper of the Watch
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

February 21st, 2021, 23:43
I'm a little surprised by those requirements, but I guess that's a testament to how much Blizzard put into this remaster. I only wish they had done the same with the StarCraft remaster.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)

February 22nd, 2021, 00:03
Yeah, the requirements gave me pause also. I was expecting it to be optimized to infinity and back, and for it to run at decent settings even on a potatoe system.

I imagime the way it will run will highly depend on how crowded your screen will be during encounters. And I wonder how it'll run on ultrawide resolutions like 21:9. First if they'll even support it, as they said in some interview that ultrawide will have issues with AI activation and ranged projectiles, since the game culls both AI processing and anything outside the "expected" rendering range. So if they do decide to support ultrawide, they'll need to increase the range at which enemies AI trigger and how far from center will objects get handled.

So if they do support it, 21:9 will likely be even more of a burden. I never thought I'd play Diablo 2 and that it would keep my graphics card significantly warm, but that's what it's looking like.

danutz_plusplus

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)

February 22nd, 2021, 00:04
Could also just be them targeting console-level hardware for performance, not worrying too much about optimising further for lower-end PCs. I reckon that goes on quite a lot.

Good to see it's offline. I do think there's enough people out there who care about it, to some degree, that it affects their thinking.
--
"An era can be considered over when its basic illusions have been exhausted." Arthur Miller

Ripper

Ngikufisela iwela

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)

February 22nd, 2021, 18:40
Uhm yeah that's a huge deal, my odds of buying this just skyrocketed, now that offline playability is confirmed. It's always nice to get some good news!

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)

February 23rd, 2021, 02:48
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvRC…nel=Fextralife

Fextralife has a good video on it.

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Pladio
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Diablo 2 Resurrected - Mod Support Confirmed Plus PC Requirements