The Way of Wrath - 100% funded - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » The Way of Wrath - 100% funded

Default The Way of Wrath - 100% funded

February 22nd, 2021, 21:21
The Way of Wrath is 100% funded on Kickstarter:

WE DID IT TOGETHER! From the bottom of our hearts THANK YOU! Our game is 100% funded!

Dear Players,

YOU HAVE MADE OUR DREAM COME TRUE!

Thank You!

It's impossible to put into words how excited and grateful we are to have your support and to share this game development journey with you. You are amazing! And we are so lucky to have you on board for this adventure.

You made it possible for us to stay true to our vision and create The Way of Wrath the way we always hoped. A fully-fledged, interactive, and innovative RPG designed with an amazing community of RPG players.

Let's make a kickass game together!

[…]
Congratulations!

More information.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Team
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)

February 22nd, 2021, 22:59
Open world, story driven, inspired by BG, Gothic and Zelda. Releasing on all platforms and they only asked for $27,000 ???

Imo.

Traveler

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

February 22nd, 2021, 23:41
I don't think there's anyone going to crowdfunding for a full and realistic budget, anymore. They just try to get what they can, but there's not a prayer it would really fund the game. They're banking on attracting other funding sources off the back of it, which is pretty risky.
--
"An era can be considered over when its basic illusions have been exhausted." Arthur Miller

Ripper

Ngikufisela iwela

+1:

February 23rd, 2021, 01:53
Originally Posted by Ripper View Post
I don't think there's anyone going to crowdfunding for a full and realistic budget, anymore. They just try to get what they can, but there's not a prayer it would really fund the game. They're banking on attracting other funding sources off the back of it, which is pretty risky.
Yeah pretty much agree 100%. The time of raising over a million+ dollars is long gone on Kickstarter. Now it's mostly used for getting publicity and raising some starter funds.

Most release on Early Access to raise more money while finding investors or a publisher.
--
“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.”
Last edited by Couchpotato; February 23rd, 2021 at 20:23. Reason: Small correction

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

Mentioned: 102 Post(s)

February 23rd, 2021, 10:38
This game appears quite ambitious. Could be good if they'll manage to produce it.

Their sales pitch reeks idealism, however…We'll see.

ANIMMAL is a brand new Game & Animation development studio founded by award-winning industry professionals. Our aim to develop rich, immersive & engaging IPs, explored through the multitude of cross media entertainment experiences.
Last edited by largh; February 23rd, 2021 at 13:55.

largh

Sentinel

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

February 23rd, 2021, 18:30
Nod, I think the wave of getting millions in kick starting support is gone, save for the occasional special projects with big names or industries behind them. Some people are extremely talented at stretching those dollars, and those are the ones that will likely reap nice benefits. I wish this project only the best, as it reads like something I could truly sink my teeth into!

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)

February 23rd, 2021, 19:48
I think the down-side of it is that it becomes an even riskier bet for the backers. When projects were going for realistic funding, you'd at least know they'd have to hit the level of a sensible budget, or the funding wouldn't happen.

For me, these extremely low-ball targets make me less inclined to back a project.
--
"An era can be considered over when its basic illusions have been exhausted." Arthur Miller

Ripper

Ngikufisela iwela

February 23rd, 2021, 21:33
We've also had more than our fair share of lemons via kick starter projects, the ones that never appeared, followed by ones that took years to surface, and the ones that shouldn't have ever been attempted. Once you'e had your nose bloodied a few times, you start to be wary of those jabs.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » The Way of Wrath - 100% funded