Final Fantasy VII - AI Enhanced HD Mod SYW - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Final Fantasy VII - AI Enhanced HD Mod SYW

Default Final Fantasy VII - AI Enhanced HD Mod SYW

February 23rd, 2021, 10:51
DSOGaming reports on a new HD mod for Final Fantasy VII called SYW. The mod also comes with optional replacement 3d models.

Created by Satsuki Yatoshi, the SYW mod represents the most accurate modern take on the PC version of Final Fantasy VII. This mod uses deep learning techniques (such as ESRGAN) in order to overhaul the game's graphics. The package includes cleaner, more detailed and higher resolution background arts. It also comes with better battlefields, world map, magic effects, and menus.

The main goal of the SYW mod is to improve the graphics as much as possible without having an oversharp and overclean effect. The mod also attempts to keep the rendering as natural as possible and constant in quality across the whole game.

[…]

loading…

More information.

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)

February 23rd, 2021, 18:22
Looks great!

Thiraury

Watchdog

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

February 23rd, 2021, 18:24
Nice! Assuming you can still play this in turn based mode, I do need to pick this up at some point.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)

February 23rd, 2021, 18:37
They've actually had similar mods for FF7 for awhile now. Not sure what the difference is with this one except that the backgrounds might be a little sharper.

I tried replaying this last year but didn't get very far. Despite having good memories of it from when I was younger, it didn't really click with me. I might give the remake a try on PS5 or when/if it gets released on PC.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 93 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Final Fantasy VII - AI Enhanced HD Mod SYW