Elder Scrolls Online - Play for free until April 13 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Elder Scrolls Online - Play for free until April 13

Default Elder Scrolls Online - Play for free until April 13

April 4th, 2021, 17:57
You can check out the Elder Scrolls Online until April 13:

Play Free: March 31 - April 13

Explore a world without limits now until April 13 at 10AM EDT and begin your Gates of Oblivion story with the Blackwood Prologue Quest.
More information.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Team
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
+1:

April 4th, 2021, 18:21
There are so many DLCs/Expansions for the base game… If I want the full experience, what should I buy?
--
Sou tricolor de coração!

Sie sind das Essen und Wir sind die Jäger!

henriquejr

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)

April 4th, 2021, 18:30
Even the base game gives you hundrets of gaming hours, so just buy the base game and try it. Don't buy any customes/crown packs etc.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Team
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

April 4th, 2021, 18:38
Originally Posted by HiddenX View Post
Even the base game gives you hundrets of gaming hours, so just buy the base game and try it. Don't buy any customes/crown packs etc.
Yes, but how about the Expansions? I was asking because if I want the full experience should I buy only Expansion XXX (and it will give me retroactively access to all the other expansions/in-game places) *or* should I buy Morrowind, Greymoor, Elsweyr, etc one by one?
--
Sou tricolor de coração!

Sie sind das Essen und Wir sind die Jäger!
Last edited by henriquejr; April 4th, 2021 at 19:00.

henriquejr

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)

April 4th, 2021, 18:44
I would level up a bit and do most of the base game before entering the expansions.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Team
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

April 4th, 2021, 19:36
Originally Posted by henriquejr View Post
Yes, but how about the Expansions? I was asking because if I want the full experience should I buy only Expansion XXX (and it will give me retroactively access to all the other expansions/in-game places) *or* should I buy Morrowind, Greymoor, Elsweyr, etc one by one?
I wrote than every extension gave access to the places of the extension, but scratch that, they changed it:

The Elder Scrolls Online Collection: Blackwood is the ultimate Elder Scrolls experience and includes the Base Game and all Chapters:

Blackwood (New for 2021)
Greymoor
Elsweyr
Summerset
Morrowind
Last edited by Kos; April 4th, 2021 at 19:39. Reason: Edited because it was sooo wrong.

Kos

Watchdog

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

April 4th, 2021, 19:38
Besides from "Try the base game first", there are, iirc, two types of DLC for ESO:

"Chapters" are the big extensions. If you buy a retail version of a chapter, it includes all previous ones, if you buy an update, it doesn't. Chapters are not included in an ESO Plus subscription.

"DLCs" are smaller extensions. They are included in an ESO Plus subscription, otherwise you have to buy them individually.

So, if you really want the absolute full experience, getting the latest chapter retail version and an ESO Plus subscription is the easiest way to go.

Irian

Atheistic Pirate

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

April 5th, 2021, 10:09
It's a different game than it was over a year ago when I started playing. You don't have to sub to anything. I just buy the dlc's from key vendors after the base game purchase.

I am now a fat Orc Merchant in five large Trade Guilds with millions in inventory and sales. Still no ESO +.
Last edited by warmonger3; April 5th, 2021 at 10:18. Reason: Salt and pepper spilled on my keyboard.

warmonger3

Ethereal

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

April 5th, 2021, 17:30
I tried this one when it first came out, I didn't even last a week. Went right back to Everquest in a hurry and never looked back.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)

April 6th, 2021, 07:26
When I last played, ESO+ included the DLC but not the big expansions. With ESO+ you got a monthly amount of coins you could use to eventually "buy" the DLC so you still had them once your ESO+ lapsed. The cost of the monthly sub might well end up being more than the DLC these days but it gave you a few other benefits - IIRC unlimited crafting inventory was the one I found useful.

As with most MMO's I my main complaint was with immersion being thrown out the window by players and the vanity items… cutesy pets, OTT steeds, stupid hats etc etc. I would have loved to be have been able to toggle some of that stuff off. Oh yeah, I also really disliked being limited to 12/14, whatever it is, total abilities on the skill bar. There are all these cool abilities but you can only use a portion of them at a time in a fight.
--
"You will find your death pleasant, but your fate unbearable." - Hionhurn the Executioner

KaosWarMonk

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Elder Scrolls Online - Play for free until April 13