Disco Elysium - Final Cut Review @ ACG - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Disco Elysium - Final Cut Review @ ACG

Default Disco Elysium - Final Cut Review @ ACG

April 5th, 2021, 19:37
Karak loves Disco Elysium - Final Cut:

Disco Elysium Final Cut Mini Review #1 RPG Just Got Better

loading…

Karak checks out Disco Elysium Final Cut for a mini-review discussing the game's audio changes. And…well how amazing it is. Free update if you own the game, you can turn the voice off if you want.
More information.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Team
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)

April 6th, 2021, 10:36
Never played it before but I've played it for a few hours the last days. Ten to fifteen hours maybe?

It is fun, and inventive, but I'm getting a bit bored by only having conversations with people, myself or with objects. Is there anything else happening after a while, or have I seen everything, mechanically speaking, there is?

BTW the Racist Lorry Driver's voice over changes dialect a bit in one conversation branch (from very French sounding to only slightly French sounding), which was weird. I still don't know if it was supposed to be a clue, or if it was bad quality control and fallout from the pandemic and not being able to record everything as usual? I'm leaning towards the latter.

SveNitoR

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

April 6th, 2021, 11:33
I'm in the same boat. I find the game pretty special but in the end it is getting a bit samey. I'm on day 2 but I'm not sure how long the game is meant to last.

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)

April 6th, 2021, 11:38
Yeah, I didn't expect to miss combat and increasing in power combat-wise, but I do. And I'm on day two as well.

SveNitoR

Keeper of the Watch

April 6th, 2021, 14:09
The pleasure is in the story. If you aren't enjoying it then I would recommend to look elsewhere because the mechanics don't really change - just more areas unlock as you progress the story.
--
Favourite RPGs of all time: Wizardry 6, Ultima 7/7.2, Fallout2, Planescape Torment, Baldurs Gate 2+TOB, Jagged Alliance 2, Ravenloft: The stone prophet, Gothic 2, Realms of Arkania:Blade of destiny (not the HD version!!) and Secret of the Silver Blades.

bjon045

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

April 6th, 2021, 15:40
Originally Posted by bjon045 View Post
The pleasure is in the story. If you aren't enjoying it then I would recommend to look elsewhere because the mechanics don't really change - just more areas unlock as you progress the story.
Thanks. I will keep going a while longer and see where it goes and if I start enjoying the story more. Sometimes it is also worth going through repetitive mechanics for the resolution of a story.

SveNitoR

Keeper of the Watch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Disco Elysium - Final Cut Review @ ACG