Dragon Age 4 - Return of the Grey Wardens - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Dragon Age 4 - Return of the Grey Wardens

Default Dragon Age 4 - Return of the Grey Wardens

May 2nd, 2021, 09:31
@PCGamesN Some new concept art for Dragon Age 4 shows a picture of the Grey Wardens.

Dragon Age 4 executive producer Christian Dailey revealed the art on Twitter, tagging creative director Matthew Goldman, and asking "Is this the right amount of pointy and gray?" Goldman responded by saying it's "All the good stuff." The image shows a Grey Warden, in full grey and gold regalia, standing in front of the Order's insignia embossed over some mountains, and a Dragon Age logo up top.

[…]

More information.

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 65 Post(s)

May 2nd, 2021, 23:54
Meh. I hope that they somehow return to the root of the series since DA:O was the only good game in the series, but I don't expect it. In fact, I have very low expectations for DA4. This is unfortunate since DA:O is one of my favorite games…

gabrielarantest

Stubborn Dwarf

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

May 3rd, 2021, 00:19
I recently replayed the most recent DA:I and it's the best in the series, though not by a huge amount. DA2 was okay but not what I would consider good, and while DA:O was good DA:I is just better in my view. I'm looking forward to DA4.

NFLed

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

May 3rd, 2021, 02:13
Keeping my fingers crossed DA4 won't be riddled with woke.
--
If I'm right but there is no wife around to acknowledge it, am I still right?

TheMadGamer

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

May 3rd, 2021, 02:27
Originally Posted by TheMadGamer View Post
Keeping my fingers crossed DA4 won't be riddled with woke.
Oh no!
I hope it goes woke to the max just to annoy you and your ilk.
(Besides which, DA isn't my jam )
--
Proud leader of the Shit Games Liberation Front
All your shit games are belong to us

FIRST KNIGHT OF THE ORDER OF THE BLOB

Shagnak

SGLF Founder

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

May 3rd, 2021, 03:43
Yes, once again, there is only one Dragon Age game, that being origins. I detect shenanigans here!

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)

May 3rd, 2021, 03:44
Originally Posted by Shagnak View Post
Oh no!
I hope it goes woke to the max just to annoy you and your ilk.
(Besides which, DA isn't my jam )
--
Rule#1- "You Can Only Have An Opinion If Itís The Acceptable One Nowadays."

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

Mentioned: 109 Post(s)
+1:

May 3rd, 2021, 03:45
Also on topic of woke here you go.

Dragon Age doesn't need to replace its disabled protagonist - Eurogamer
This isn't just a random "hey, wouldn't it be cool if the Dragon Age 4 protagonist was disabled," thought. The Inquisitor is already disabled, and casting them aside not only avoids making a bold step for representation in the industry, it reinforces Dragon Age's worst storytelling tendencies too.
--
Last edited by Couchpotato; May 3rd, 2021 at 08:10.

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

May 3rd, 2021, 03:48
Oh yeah and by the way since this is obligatory with every BioWare thread. I have to say say for the 1000's time I enjoyed playing every Dragon Age and Mass Effect game.

So get over yourselves you damn boomers.
--

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

May 3rd, 2021, 03:55
Whenever someone says "boomer" I just think of one of those exploding zombie types that are in every zombie horde game ever.
I think I'm gen X. Apparently there's a gen Z? What happened to Y? Who comes up with these names?

I haven't even finished the first DA. What I played was "okay", so I guess I'll get around to it before I die, but I'm unlikely to bother with DA2. Is DA3 (whatever that is) better than DA2? Because I've heard lots of bad about DA2…
--
Proud leader of the Shit Games Liberation Front
All your shit games are belong to us

FIRST KNIGHT OF THE ORDER OF THE BLOB

Shagnak

SGLF Founder

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

May 3rd, 2021, 04:01
Whenever someone says "boomer" I just think of one of those exploding zombie types that are in every zombie horde game ever.
I think I'm gen X. Apparently there's a gen Z? What happened to Y? Who comes up with these names?
Who the hell knows I was just going with the whole woke topic. Seems boomer came from a few young idiots on the internet calling old people over 50+ to shut up.
The earliest mentions of OK boomer can be traced as far back as 2015 on 4chan, where the phrase was used as an insult by the forum's anonymous users, aimed at other anons who seemed out of touch. But the phrase really took off this year on TikTok, as a rebuttal to angry rants by baby boomers about kids these days.
We apparently ruined the world for them.
I haven't even finished the first DA. What I played was "okay", so I guess I'll get around to it before I die, but I'm unlikely to bother with DA2. Is DA3 (whatever that is) better than DA2? Because I've heard lots of bad about DA2…
Yeah everything negative you read about DA2 is true.

David Gaider did a retrospective about it's troubled development.

Link - https://www.gameinformer.com/2021/04…out-working-on

Moving on I enjoyed DA:I but again the negatives are true. It's filled with to much filler. ME 3's ending didn't bother me, and ME:A was a surprise hit for me after it's patches.
--
Last edited by Couchpotato; May 3rd, 2021 at 04:12.

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

May 3rd, 2021, 05:43
The first was my favorite too by a long shot. I actually enjoyed DA2 even if it wasn't as good, it still had it's moments. DA:I was a big miss for me though even though I really wanted to like it. I just couldn't get over how they removed the tactics system so I didn't feel like I had any control over for my party members. That just killed it for me.

fadedc

SasqWatch

May 3rd, 2021, 07:38
I really actually liked DA 1 and 2. I wasn't as sure about how I felt about 3 and I don't know why that is. Maybe the game became too generic or massive somehow? I honestly don't know. (Did they call DA 3 "Inquisitive" ? - I forget.)

Cool premise and storyline and weird little differences in the fantasy world, I loved the downtrodden elves and the religious inquisition/persecution against magic themes.
--
My mother said that dreams aren't real. But nightmares are.

FurtiveNyctophile

Watchdog

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

May 3rd, 2021, 09:18
You're not missing much imo. The first game was the best, and it was still a significant step backwards in a lot of ways compared to Baldur's Gate 1 & 2.

DA2 is kind of a mess. I hear the story is actually decent, but I couldn't force myself to play past the first chapter.

I didn't play much of Inquisition either. It didn't take me long to see it was packed full of generic filler quests in the same way as ME: Andromeda. At least I found the combat in ME:A fun though. I can't say the same about DA:I.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 98 Post(s)

May 3rd, 2021, 16:37
strangely, i feel a sudden pang of exhaustion when i see the words "Dragon Age 4"

xSamhainx

Paws of Doom
Original Sin Donor

May 3rd, 2021, 16:42
Originally Posted by xSamhainx View Post
strangely, i feel a sudden pang of exhaustion when i see the words "Dragon Age 4"
It's more like hearing from you uncle again who's talking again vaguely about somewhen giving you that great present for your last birthday, but you realize that his recent presents haven't been so great at all.
--
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
- George Bernard Shaw

Currently playing: -

Morrandir

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)

May 3rd, 2021, 17:49
Boomer to me is an expulsion of gas. A baby boomer is something else entirely.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)

May 3rd, 2021, 17:53
Originally Posted by Carnifex View Post
Boomer to me is an expulsion of gas. A baby boomer is something else entirely.
Ok, boomer

bkrueger

Nothing to see here.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

May 3rd, 2021, 18:38
I liked all the DA games but my play throughs clearly show my preference:

DAO - 5 times completely, 3 times with all DLC
DA2 - 3 times completely, 1 with one dlc, didn't get all DLC
DAI - 1 time completely no DLC, loaded late save to do "ending" DLC then quit half way through the DLC. Started second game and got maybe 1/2 through and was burnt out so stopped. Thinking of reinstalling again and giving it another shot though. Maybe with a couple of mods and a good ReShade.

Granted my main issue with DAI, besides feeling a little grindy at times, was how they changed conversations. I don't know why it matters so much to me, as it shouldn't, but I detest the "click on this spot on the screen to initiate a conversation" interface. This came up a lot in the DLC where you confront Solas. I detested going around and seeing little places to click that would then start a conversation. It just felt so fake to me.

I was playing that DLC and by the third time that came up I was so annoyed I removed the whole game and read the ending for the DLC on Wiki and watched a video clip.

I am still interested enough to watch what DA4 will be like. If it goes back to being a SP focus, less grindy, then I am sure I will get it if only because I have played the other 3 and want to see what happens.
--
Character is centrality, the impossibility of being displaced or overset. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

wolfgrimdark

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)

May 3rd, 2021, 19:39
No more "Rise To Power !!!111eleven" stuff ?
--
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Dragon Age 4 - Return of the Grey Wardens