Legend of Keepers - Review @ PC Invasion - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Legend of Keepers - Review @ PC Invasion

Default Legend of Keepers - Review @ PC Invasion

May 3rd, 2021, 19:36
PC Invasion has reviewed Legend of Keepers:

Legend of Keepers review -- Where there's a whip

When KPI means "kill people ingeniously."

You've already cleared dungeons, killed their end bosses, and stolen the loot uncountable times. Maybe you have even managed to run a dungeon as a keeper of sorts. But how about running a dungeon as a business; a business that wants to attract adventures to die? Then you need to play Legend of Keepers.

Damn, this is where I usually put my plot paragraph, but that's basically it. All the dungeons in the fantasy world of Legend of Keepers are run by a corporation staffed with literal (and not metaphorical, like in real life) monsters. You are a manager of a dungeon, which makes you the end boss. It's your job to populate a linear dungeon with traps and monsters to kill or scare away groups of adventurers.

[…]

Legend of Keepers is a game that's a lot smoother than its title. Seriously, I had written the whole review for "Legend of Keeper" before catching my mistake in editing. The art is fantastic, the writing is fitting, and the repetition might be repetitive, but not too much so. The campaign format leaves the doors wide open for future DLC, and the game already has mod support. But it's too bad that some modders (the ones not porting Heroes of Might and Magic III models) are only interested in putting more anime waifus into the game.

Score: 8/10 -

Legend of Keepers is a fairly engrossing game with a simple yet fun gameplay loop and glorious gory pixelart.

More information.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Team
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)

May 4th, 2021, 18:07
Maybe it is just me but the overuse of the combination of rogue-lite and dynamically generated whatever generally makes for boring games - or at least, games that quickly become boring. I mean, look at this review… they give the game 8/10 with this wonderful praise, "…and the repetition might be repetitive, but not too much so.".

Oooh, looking forward to playing a game that isn't too repetitive.

SSIGuy

An Islander Returned

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

May 4th, 2021, 18:31
Originally Posted by SSIGuy View Post
Maybe it is just me but the overuse of the combination of rogue-lite and dynamically generated whatever generally makes for boring games - or at least, games that quickly become boring. I mean, look at this review… they give the game 8/10 with this wonderful praise, "…and the repetition might be repetitive, but not too much so.".

Oooh, looking forward to playing a game that isn't too repetitive.
I know that could be looked at as a negative…but at the same time look at civilization…a lot of repetitions and just one more turn.

I'm currently stuck on loop hero which is all repetitions but super interesting and got that just one more loop.
--
If you don't stand behind your troops, feel free to stand in front.

rune_74

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

May 5th, 2021, 07:55
I like both this game and "Loop Hero" for probably the same reason. Beginnings and endings are overrated; give me endless cycles.
--
My mother said that dreams aren't real. But nightmares are.

FurtiveNyctophile

Watchdog

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Legend of Keepers - Review @ PC Invasion