Zodiac Legion - Announced for 2022 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Zodiac Legion - Announced for 2022

Default Zodiac Legion - Announced for 2022

June 7th, 2021, 19:53
The tactical RPG Zodiac Legion has been announced:

Zodiac Legion is a turn-based tactical RPG featuring lethal combat, squad management and strategic elements. Lead your heroes through daring raids and forgotten ruins, defend your land in a time of conquest and betrayal, and master the secrets of volatile ancient magic to restore a realm beset by the armies of undying fiendish sorcerers.

loading…

Features

• Lead your knights in turn-based tactical battles.
  • Explore ancient ruins and places of power, thwart the plans of enemy lieutenants, forge alliances, and restore the Zodiac Order.
  • Smash your way through fully destructible dungeons.
  • Expand and strengthen your stronghold, research new spells and craft powerful artifacts.
  • Reshape the terrain to your advantage.
  • develop Your Warriors into Mighty Champions.
As the Grandmaster of the Zodiac Order, it will be your duty to restore this knightly brotherhood and rally its champions under the banners of the thirteen Zodiac signs. You will manage your domain, take important diplomatic decisions and train your warriors in the arcane arts. Enemy armies will invade your borders, forcing you to dispatch your knights on missions resolved through turn-based, tactical battles. Their superhuman powers will tip the scales in the face of overwhelming odds, but beware: many will not survive the ordeal. Yet exploring the secrets of necromancy may reveal that a Zodiac Knight's duty need not end in death.

The work on Zodiac Legion began because we shared the vision of a game that would combine the tactical combat and strategic campaign of X-COM, with the fantasy aspects and dungeon crawling typical of most roleplaying games.

We decided to use the theme of the Zodiac because of its association with classical mythology, and due to its ties with distinct character archetypes, which served as the foundation of our class system. There are hundreds of distinct features and qualities attributed to the signs by astrology, which lends itself to a robust and interconnected system that has an impact on all the aspects of Zodiac Legion's gameplay and storytelling.
More information.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Team
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 98 Post(s)

June 8th, 2021, 01:11
Thank you for the announcement, HiddenX!
We plan to release a demo in Autumn.
You can ask me any question here or in the existing thread.

Galdred

Watcher

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

June 8th, 2021, 13:11
WOW! I always wanted a turn-based Diablo, now I'm getting it! Very nice!! Congratulations! Bookmarked & following!
--
SSI Gold Box-style game, we are working on.

mercy

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)

June 8th, 2021, 17:31
Whoa, this sounds like something right up my alley! I'll be monitoring all the threads here for further updates.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)

June 8th, 2021, 21:48
Been following in the other thread. I'll definitely keep on eye on it. Also following the Steam page.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 101 Post(s)

June 8th, 2021, 21:54
This looks pretty interesting. I like that they went Hexagrid instead of squares, it's so superior in every aspect when it comes to combat systems.

Nereida

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)

June 9th, 2021, 05:18
badass

xSamhainx

Paws of Doom
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Zodiac Legion - Announced for 2022