Aledorn - The Road to the First Chapter - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Aledorn - The Road to the First Chapter

Default Aledorn - The Road to the First Chapter

June 9th, 2021, 23:37
Dungeons Of Aledorn is still in development:

The Road to the First Chapter of Aledorn

Greetings and salutations, it has already been over a year since any last update, apologies for that, I found it more reasonable to focus on game development rather than PR, but at least I tried to find time for smaller updates that I post on our Facebook site. Anyway! Time has come to throw you a bigger bone and this time I have really something proper!

A lot has happened in the past ten month, like for example The Plague that impacted many things across the globe, our progress notwithstanding. Unfortunately I had to change jobs (events & entertainment industry has been uneventful and not much fun recently), which meant less time to do game development. We did not stop, no, but we had to rearrange priorities and even while Aledorn stayed on top of the pyramid, there were delays. Nevertheless, we kept pressing forward, as you will see for yourselves.

Among other things we spent a lot of time discussing possible early access, which could help us in two ways - get feedback from the community and secure additional funding. After much back and forth we decided to follow this path, though in a slightly unusual manner.
Aledorn is a massive game (even after we scratched some ideas), so we will divide it into chapters and early access will cover the first one. In total there will be three or four chapters that will be released over time.

Now let's get to the first chapter. What will it contain, you ask? At this moment we have about 60 locations ready (exteriors, interiors and dungeons) and all of those will be present in it. It will also include all the core features, up to a point. Let me elaborate - I will use magic and skills as the example: Aledorn Chapter One will contain all the basic skills and spells of Basic and Advanced level. Expert and Master level skills and spells will remain locked and will be part of further chapters. Similar to classes, you will not be able to evolve your class in the first chapter. We still believe that Aledorn will be a good well-rounded experience comparable to many standalone games out there. For those who have been around for a bit: Think of Baldur's Gate I. - your character progress was hard capped on seventh level and it still was a kickass game.

Now let's get to the merit - what progress we made in the last 12 months? We will start with the usual - level design, which is about 90 per cent finished, at least as Chapter One goes. As mentioned in one of the earlier updates, the capital city - called Lim - is divided into four quarters, three of which have been revealed earlier. The fourth and final one is the Main Boulevard, where some of the most important landmarks can be found - the Castle, Temple, Library and the Warrior's Guild to name a few.

[…]

loading…

Thanks apscp2006!

More information.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Team
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 98 Post(s)

June 10th, 2021, 00:12
Talk about a troubled development since it was funded on kickstarter. I'm glad the owner behind the game stuck with it even when he had to leave, and open a new studio.
--
"Nowadays due to woke ideology, the normal rules of the game, due process, political compromise, the presumption of innocence, free speech, even reason itself have now been suspended"

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)

June 10th, 2021, 00:18
I backed this game. Does that mean I can still hope for it?
--
Sou tricolor de coração!

Sie sind das Essen und Wir sind die Jäger!

henriquejr

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)

June 10th, 2021, 03:32
Talk about a blast from the past! I'm glad to hear the work still continues, yes, by all means, keep that hope alive.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)

June 10th, 2021, 03:33
Where did this update actually get posted? It doesn't appear to be a Kickstarter update. They don't have a Steam page (just a Greenlight).

daveyd

Turn-based lifeform

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

June 10th, 2021, 03:53
Originally Posted by daveyd View Post
Where did this update actually get posted? It doesn't appear to be a Kickstarter update. They don't have a Steam page (just a Greenlight).
A new website where he posts updates. About two years back he had disagreements with his fellow developers. So he took his game left and struggled to finish it.

Link - http://noezgames.com/?p=365060&lang=en

I shared a few updates on your vaporware thread.

Anyway his studio is now called noezgames not Team21.
--
"Nowadays due to woke ideology, the normal rules of the game, due process, political compromise, the presumption of innocence, free speech, even reason itself have now been suspended"

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
+1:

June 10th, 2021, 07:42
Originally Posted by henriquejr View Post
I backed this game. Does that mean I can still hope for it?
Wowza.. the Kickstarter campaign was launched in March 2015? This one gives Exoplanet: First Contact a run for its money. Don't feel bad.. I backed that one.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 101 Post(s)

June 10th, 2021, 17:31
This one, Exoplanet and Wolcen were all ones that I helped support. And all three are part of the reasons why kick starter projects for video games get a hard scrutiny these days by me.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)

June 11th, 2021, 13:32
I think I backed this at $15 and it's the last game I ever backed. I don't plan to ever kickstart again and this guy will have to reach full release before I even bother on Aledorn. I don't think he can do it. The splitting from the team made him sound like a prima donna.
--
c-computer, r-role, p-playing, g-game, nut-extreme fan
=crpgnut or just
'nut @crpgnut
aka survivalnut

crpgnut

Survival Game Nut
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Aledorn - The Road to the First Chapter